• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The jump to Suse 10

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
Ok, I've downloaded my distro, partitioned my new laptop Inspiron 9300, and set up a 15 g partition and am ready to install. Wish me luck.

ejn74

Folding Master!
Political User
the machine Im on duel boots to xp and suse 10
I think suse is great.

good luck with the install

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
Everything went off without a hitch. The only bad part is that there are no video drivers for my x300 radeon mobile. Other than that, this looks pretty nice, and I love the YOU and YAST. Holy moly were there a lot of patches. This makes for a very clean interface.

zapoqx

Striking Master
Uhh, just a thought but isn't the ATI Linux drivers support the X300 Radeon Mobile? The drivers on the ATI website supports my Radeon Xpress 200M on my Kubuntu and it works well.

zapoqx

Striking Master
Well that would be strange I guess. Did it come up with some questions you had to answer to allow working ability with teh drivers or do you mean the default drivers on the system itself?

ThePatriot

-=[BOHICA!]=-
Political User
I dunno if you saw the thread I had going on about my ATI/Linux issue, but I think the ATI Linux drivers from the ATI site should work. I don't know if you'll get any better 3d performance than I did, but the desktop look and available resolutions certainly improved when I installed them.

If it's the same driver as I installed, make sure you run /usr/X11R6/bin/fglrxconfig and reboot.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix