The jump to Suse 10

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political Access
Ok, I've downloaded my distro, partitioned my new laptop Inspiron 9300, and set up a 15 g partition and am ready to install. Wish me luck.

good luck, fishboy uses it on his pc and laptop, so ive used it a couple of times.

the machine Im on duel boots to xp and suse 10
I think suse is great.

good luck with the install

Everything went off without a hitch. The only bad part is that there are no video drivers for my x300 radeon mobile. Other than that, this looks pretty nice, and I love the YOU and YAST. Holy moly were there a lot of patches. This makes for a very clean interface.

Uhh, just a thought but isn't the ATI Linux drivers support the X300 Radeon Mobile? The drivers on the ATI website supports my Radeon Xpress 200M on my Kubuntu and it works well.

For some reason it downloaded default drivers, although I am still playing around with the desktop.

Well that would be strange I guess. Did it come up with some questions you had to answer to allow working ability with teh drivers or do you mean the default drivers on the system itself?

I answered all the questions, and a notice came up that the default configuratoin would be loaded.

I dunno if you saw the thread I had going on about my ATI/Linux issue, but I think the ATI Linux drivers from the ATI site should work. I don't know if you'll get any better 3d performance than I did, but the desktop look and available resolutions certainly improved when I installed them.

If it's the same driver as I installed, make sure you run /usr/X11R6/bin/fglrxconfig and reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back