Test your net speed!

Cox Cable. Please do note, those results are with traffic shaping going on (my gateway, not by the ISP). The only other thing running at the same time is bittorrent. Bandwidth is pegged at about 80% usage. So those results show that pf is doing its job!

Can i believe this!!!!:crosseyed:
Yes u can .. Comcast has what is called Power Boost. Cable Max Normal Speed is around 20MB (Uncaped)

How long does the PowerBoost burst last?
A PowerBoost burst will normally last as long as the 10MB of a file download on Comcast's 6Mbps High-Speed Internet service, and as long as 5MB of a file upload.

Some other info on cable

Cable modem services can slow down significantly if many people in your neighborhood access the Internet simultaenously.

Both cable modem and DSL performance vary from one minute to the next depending on the pattern of use and traffic congestion on the Internet.

DSL and cable Internet providers often implement so-called "speed caps" that limit the bandwidth of their services.

Some home networks cannot match the speed of the Internet connection, lowering your performance

Last edited by a moderator:

Could of probably got a better result if I didnt do it over wireless though.

so you guys are gonna be amazed, this speed is using my sprint cell phone a modem, sprintpcs is the cell phone provider

this is amazing stuff here, I never need to look for a hot spot, wherever I can make a phone call I get this speed tethering phone to laptop

Last edited:
At least Sprint does something right =)

I miss powerboost. Although, it doesn't really matter with the caps that ConCast is going to be putting on them. I can't wait for fiber ...

I'm going to call about blast tier. It looks pretty good. Although fiber still kills it lol ..

I am actually suprised as we have wireless and are on the outer fringe of access, but I turned the signal booster up all the way. And I have 300K set aside for VPN access.

I'm going to call about blast tier. It looks pretty good. Although fiber still kills it lol ..

DOCSIS 3 starts rolling out this year too with initial offerings being in the 20-50Mbps range.

nice speeds but check out our downtown atlanta condo speeds. Its fiberoptic connections

man my place in florida needs to give me speeds like this.. i only wish hahaha

Here is mine:

nice speeds but check out our downtown atlanta condo speeds. Its fiberoptic connections

man my place in florida needs to give me speeds like this.. i only wish hahaha

If I had speed like this I would so be having my own web/mail/ftp server ..

Last edited by a moderator:
so you guys are gonna be amazed, this speed is using my sprint cell phone a modem, sprintpcs is the cell phone provider

this is amazing stuff here, I never need to look for a hot spot, wherever I can make a phone call I get this speed tethering phone to laptop

I just setup a salesman with a carrier that doesn't even support tethering, he is about .5 down in areas with little service. Makes no sense to me, why a .5Mb DL and or UL can be had, but poor quality phone service.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back