Spammers Paradise down?

Originally posted by Jewelzz
A lot Mubbers!!

The don't suck Nick, just some kinks that need to be worked out is all.

It would cost a lot. To maintain server/run/etc, only person I know that could run it and take care of it is X-istence, if there was to be such a thing.

Jewelzz, even if they are kinks, they are really, really annoying.

Ok, emailed support, don't get mad xsiv... SP is back up. I haven't heard what the problem is/was but we are back :)

Supports reply:

Hello, Julie and thank you contacting us with your problem.
You see, we recently updated our MySQL to 4.x.xx and it seems to be causing this problem. Although it only occurs once, it becomes a hassel when we have to repair everyones database, we will be doing a rollback.

Anyway, your website should be running now.

I can't leave the house for a few hours. :rolleyes:

*chains self to computer*

If it keeps up, we will find a different host. I will give them a chance as the hosting is reasonably priced and the support has been good (I know it doesn't seem like it but, it has). We'll see how it goes through the weekend. :confused:

^^What they said^^

Supports reply:

Hello, Julie and thank you contacting us with your problem.
You see, we recently updated our MySQL to 4.x.xx and it seems to be causing this problem. Although it only occurs once, it becomes a hassel when we have to repair everyones database, we will be doing a rollback.

Anyway, your website should be running now.

I was thaught at school *never* to update MySQL unless it's security related or would add functionality needed for some things to work. :rolleyes:

I'd just like to add this: we're back and I'm happy about it, that's for sure !
;) :) :) :) :) ;)

A lot Mubbers!!

Originally posted by Nick M
It would cost a lot. To maintain server/run/etc, only person I know that could run it and take care of it is X-istence, if there was to be such a thing.

Jewelzz, even if they are kinks, they are really, really annoying.

:huh:

Ok so far I've learned that putting up a server costs a lot of money and only X-istence can do it...

:rolleyes:

Mubbers

Originally posted by Mubbers
:huh:

Ok so far I've learned that putting up a server costs a lot of money and only X-istence can do it...

:rolleyes:

Mubbers
A dedicated server does cost a lot of money, but X-Istence isn't the "Only one to do it", he'll probably do it better then the rest of us, but it isn't that hard.

Originally posted by Benny
A dedicated server does cost a lot of money, but X-Istence isn't the "Only one to do it", he'll probably do it better then the rest of us, but it isn't that hard.

My thoughts: I'm gonna find out exactly how much it cost's, what is required in the way of expertise and then probably do it.

Reason? Why not.

Mubbers

Originally posted by Mubbers
My thoughts: I'm gonna find out exactly how much it cost's, what is required in the way of expertise and then probably do it.

Reason? Why not.

Mubbers

wow mubbers you sound determined

good luck on your new project

keep us posted on how you get on

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back