powerbook g4 not booting from dvd

Kush

High On Life!
hey guys my friends powerbook g4 (1ghz) will not boot from dvd i have an os x 10.4 disc inside and go to startup disk and tell it to boot from it, doesnt work just boots from the hdd. i also tried holding option on the boot, also hold c on the boot, nothing! well when i hold c it gives me a small icon that flashes to a question mark and back to a face i think couple of times then back to os x. i also tried booting from an external with the dmg image. help me mac gurus how can i get os x 10.4 to install!

Is the disc a "retail" DVD of 10.4? If so is it scratch or damaged in anyway? It sounds like perhaps something is wrong with the DVD/image. :) Also make sure you got the DVD for your architecture, either PPC/Intel depending on what you have (not sure what difference in newer post-Intel DVD's are like).

yeah i have the ppc one, and its retail i think. i think theres something wrong with is drive?

im thinking of just booting from an ipod,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back