Phone Unlock Codes

What make of phone do u think is best???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
Ok new thread. First does anyone know when u type in the unlock code for ur phone, is anything supposed to happen. *#06# is to get IMEI NUMBER.
FOR NOKIA PHONES:)

I like Nokia's for the time being and im quite happy with my 3220 and the 0.3MP Integrated camera is actually quite good compared to my previous bundle of camera phones.

As for the lock code, I have no idea. But its funny because i was trying to look out some information on getting my 3220 un-locked from 02. I want to change to T-Mobile possibly but dont see the point in shelling out cash for an entire new phone. I might just pop into my local 02 store and see if they can help.

I like Sanyo. Very durable and a good feel to them. I have the MM-7400 and it's pretty nice.

my motorola sucks. I will never get another one. Mine and the misses both of our speakers have gone out. I had a nokia before it for 2years or so and it worked great until the text went backwards and upside down, but 2years i kinda expected it to die eventually.

Samsung.

Last edited:
Unlocking a phone allows you to use it with any other GSM provider that operates at the same frequency. Most service providers sell phones that are locked, which means you can only use it on their network.

Some phones are easy to unlock, others are more complicated, and you might even have to pay to get them unlocked. I unlocked my Nokia 3650 myself . It was pretty straightforward - find the IMEI#, enter it into an unlock code generator, and enter the unlock code into the phone. Done. :)

anyone have any camera phones they're looking to get rid of? ;). i'm stuck with a samsung x427, but out of all of them i think sony has the best design

nokia=best, but the new bb5 phones are hard to unlock, u have to flash them to with the generic software to unlock them and so far its only the 6630 that can be flashed with a 400 dollar box

I have a samsung now, but have had nokias and sony ericssons in the past.

btw your poll has a pretty poor selection of options. I have never seen a nice sagem phone and imo only the razr v3 is a nice motorola.

over here in saudi though carriers don't give phones with plans(there arent plans anyways) its a better system than the states and canada i think because u pay for only what u call, if someone calls you it doesnt waste ur minutes (we dont go by minutes well we just pay for what u call per second) so everyone just goes and buys the phone they want

<3 my moto razr. nokia phones are easy to unlock, i've done like atleast 10 for friends. sony ericsson ones are quite hard though. i've managed to unlock my t306 and z500a but i had to call cingular and act like somebody who i wasn't (long story and complicated story). u can always get an unlock code no matter what anybody says - it just may be harder than using a data cable

themafia.69 said:
over here in saudi though carriers don't give phones with plans(there arent plans anyways) its a better system than the states and canada i think because u pay for only what u call, if someone calls you it doesnt waste ur minutes (we dont go by minutes well we just pay for what u call per second) so everyone just goes and buys the phone they want
yeah I heard that americans are billed for incoming calls, I still dont understand the logic for that. here in the uk you are only billed for things under your control ie things going out of your phone such as sms messages and calls and picture messages and so on.

I had 3 Nokais and a Motorola at one point. Everytime i tried the motorola fora day, i went back to one of my nokias in no time. One of the perks of working in a phone store, get to play with many different phones.
I know in Europe the cell user doesnt pay for received, but the person also knows when they are calling a cell phone based on the number. In north america you can't really tell a cell number from a landline, unless you know the prefixes used by each company which the average joe doesn't. Also now, 4 of the big 3 in canada offer unlimited incomming call plans.

Matt

NetRyder said:
Unlocking a phone allows you to use it with any other GSM provider that operates at the same frequency. Most service providers sell phones that are locked, which means you can only use it on their network.
So unlocking it just gives you more coverage really? If you do this you aren't going to get a surprise bill from another company are you?

Xie said:
So unlocking it just gives you more coverage really? If you do this you aren't going to get a surprise bill from another company are you?

Unlocking does not give more coverage, It allows the phone to read another sim chip from another provider so the phone can be used with different companys. But to get another sim chip for it to read you need to pay that new company for a chip and a plan.
In the US you could buy a locked phone from AT&T. As Its locked it only reads the AT&T chip. If you try to put in a Cingular chip it will say it cant read the chip. By unlocking it you can read the Cingular chip to use that phone on the Cingular network. But you need to pay Cingular to have an active account with them.
Matt

Xie said:

I dont think so, it just unlocks the phone so you can put another providers sim card in, i.e if you buy a phone from O2 the phone is locked to the 02 network, if you put in a orange sim card in it wouldnt work...unlocking the phone allows you to put any sim card from any network in that phone

I have had phillips, nokia, sony erricson and samsung. i think it depends on the model rather than the manufacturer.
Right unlocking first of all sony is a royal pain in the behind I have just unlocked my sisters phone an it required buying a a special lead (oh no a data lead will not do) then unlocking remotely which will cost you. My E700 samsung was easy you just type in a generic code :) As for nokia they are not too much of a pain but my most recent nokias are company mobiles and are therefore unlocked already.

Well - I have a Motorola with T-Mobile, a C650. It's not too good of a phone, but whatever. I'm going overseas and want to use a pre-paid SIM card there ; what can I do? Sorry, I've not the slightest idea what the hell to do with my cell phone cept make and recieve calls.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back