OSNN Adverts

hehe, confusing me too. I made a post at Outpost forum but they have a bad habit of not responding.
 
Electronic Punk said:
Now you have gone and jinxed it.
hahaha!

that is a true post...

knock on wood..

lynchknot, you must have some kinda ad marketing magnet hidden inside your computer to get those port scans...

How can we find out?

I am willing to do a test to see if I can get the warnings.

however I refuse to use internet explorer due to the serious exploits that are being used to install trojans in internet explorer surfer's computers.

i miss those days when gator prompted if you want to install spyware.... now bad advertising agencies just do it.
 
I'm not using IE when this occurs. In order to test you have to have my config I guess - Outpost pro and Firefox.
 
I have outpost and firefox and I am getting pissed with outpost blocking access cause every m$ file on my computer wants internet access.

i have no idea what to do so i disable it lol (not recomended)

these dll injection schemes mess everything up.,..
 
something wrong egg. I have component control on "max" and hardly get any popups

BTW do you have exp exe blocked?

blocked.png
 
more oddness, no problem with Outpost and/or Firefox....aren't computers fun! 🙂
 
lynchknot said:
something wrong egg. I have component control on "max" and hardly get any popups

BTW do you have exp exe blocked?

blocked.png

I have explorer.exe blocked and I have components on normal.

I use winrollback to freeze my drive so every reboot is like a fresh install haha
 
haha, so it works?!!! Ok how does it work? do you leave it passworded or do you unlock it before reboot - oh sorry, OT - ill talk to you later.
 
password protect it lk.don't want to get off topic of this thread.
 
The offending/destructive ads seem to be gone for some time (at least here).
 
Yeah, we don't have Bannerconnect on here anymore.
Basically if you see ads for surveys, thats where Bannerconnect was.
I'm looking for someone to fill those spots as I don't like "default" ads, but I'm not in any real kind of rush.
 
just use firefox and adblock🙂
adblocks also very handy for getting rid of all those useless bloated signature pictures here too
 
_kC_ said:
just use firefox and adblock🙂
adblocks also very handy for getting rid of all those useless bloated signature pictures here too
1) blocking the ads did nothing to stop the DoS/port scan activity of them
2) you can disable sigs in your UserCP instead of just blocking sig ip's
 
3) support the site you ungratefull git 😛
 
talking ads

is anyone esle getting this annoying ad in the ad bar, it's a normal ad but this one has sounds in it wassup with at it's so irritatting
 
get me as many details about it as you can and i will try and get it removed.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
62,021
Messages
673,242
Members
5,642
Latest member
osipov
Back
Top