I found the one field guy, in the world who wears a belt...and he lives in Iowa

*sob*

I found the one field guy, in the world who wears a belt...and he lives in Iowa

*sob*
happy0049.gif
happy0049.gif
happy0049.gif

On a seperate note:

How are XEONs at folding? I have a Dual Core XEON (3.2 GHz) with 2GB of memory that I can fold on. Is it worth it?

Last edited:
Yes, I have an old pIII 450 with 256m of memory and It is getting the big gromacs to crunch. xeon should be great at folding.

Allright, cool. I am working on getting an OS on it right now, so it might be a bit before it can come up. I am going to have FAH installed as soon as I can.

Well, if I can get this server up and running, maybe I can make an upgrade to red life :)

I'm trying man. Someone has to step-up. Might as well be me.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice that our 24-hour average has gone up by about 1,000 pts?
Edit again: I got the server up and running, 8 instances of FAH running :D

Last edited:
EDIT: Did anyone else notice that our 24-hour average has gone up by about 1,000 pts?

Nice Job Brad:).......i was down for a week:( but I have a few ready to finish up in a few hours...

...EDIT: Did anyone else notice that our 24-hour average has gone up by about 1,000 pts?
yeah, I noticed...
and is that eight instances because you have eight cores on there? :eek: Or do you just like to arrange things so that you submit a "big lump" occasionally, hoping to kick into the red once in a while?

8 cores :D Each one is only taking up 12-13% of the processor when it is set to idle. It has 2 dual core Xeon 3.2 with a 1066 FSB.

It is flying through 8 153-pt WUs right now, should submit sometime tomorrow.

I hope it is eight cores that way he will be a folding monster!!!! :laugh:

woohoo!! I have broke into the top 1000 overall folding.

wow dude, that is great

The server is working on 8 600pt WUs right now :eek::laugh:

Last edited:
Nice job you two :)

Sometime next year, I might invest in a core2 or k8l based quad-core platform and use that as my primary cruncher alongside an r6xx based gpu that will crunch too.

Who knows, might have to move into a shack coz of the electricity costs lol

Which is why I only fold in the cooloer months, Sazar...don't have to run the A/C then and I have Gas heat. :D

Yeah, it does get that hot here. We were over 100F a couple times this summer. We also get very humid here which causes difficulty in breathing in high heat conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back