NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at your computer names then look up that guys recent books.

look at your computer names then look up that guys recent books.
That's interesting. :D

I name my computers after USAF aircrafts, actually. It has nothing to do with the author or his books. My desktop is enclosed in an all-black Antec Sonata case that's very quiet, so it's named NightHawk, after the F-117 stealth fighter.

Talon = Tablet PC
Bluebird = old Dell Inspiron laptop
Raptor = Exchange Server

:)

Net, did you optimize something to get your systems popping out higher value wu's recently?

My notebook should be performing like your's and my desktop should be close but the wu's I am getting right now are piddling in terms of returns.

Cheers.

sazar i second that, i have 5 cores jugging out folding and my results are fcking pathetic.... not sure what the hell is going on, but when i started last august i was getting 1000 points a day, i barely get 300 a day now.

Agreed. Before a couple of months ago, my desktop plus a northy was outputting almost 200 more per day average than my current setup, which is a little ridiculous :)

I have no clue where these points come from, all i can see are frames and WUs

Net, did you optimize something to get your systems popping out higher value wu's recently?

My notebook should be performing like your's and my desktop should be close but the wu's I am getting right now are piddling in terms of returns.

Cheers.
I upgraded the RAM in my desktop from 2x512MB to 2x1GB recently. Other than that, I haven't made any changes.

My Tablet doesn't fold, by the way. The other two working processors that show up in my stats are from an old Dual Pentium III 1GHz machine with 1GB of RAM.

So it's basically the two P3's, and the two cores of my Opteron 165 (running 46% above stock speed though ;P)

yeah well i give up trying to figure out why the hell this is happening.....

Word son, subbing for life.

My machines are changing completely, most of the machines I have been folding with are being replaced with newer and better ;)

man.. i'm tanking now. i'm down to one machine folding.

May get another one online soon though..

ok i hereby give notice that blackdog (my quad-core machine) is going online.

am I helping ? I'm so lazy I am just posting to see my average in my sig.... :p

BTW - some time back you asked how my stats were maintained from my CPU base - the answer is an ACI Matrix 1500 laptop ;) That mother has a duo core or two ( T7200 at 2 GHz with 2GB ram ;) )and they can fold like nothing I've had before... :up:

ok my revised comps are:

1 quad core (all four cores engaged)
1 core duo (both cores engaged)
1 core duo (down due to v/card issues, be up tomorrow)
1 core 2 duo (never to be used, my laptop)
1 3ghz p4 (core engaged as of tonight)
1 2.4ghz p4 (core engaged)

So far thats it, i hope to be submitting points again soon.

Should be some good stats, will be good to see what you can sub.

well my quad core went through half of 4 50,000 point wu's in one night on all fours cores.

Attachments

• blackdog folding.jpg
    blackdog folding.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back