Nvidia Advertising Nv40 Discretely? or is it just me? lol

ste_w said:
ATI Admitted Cheating in there Drivers aswell now remember

in which regard?

i wudnt fork out alot of money on an ATI Card at the moment as i always hear how bad there drivers are, if they improved them significantly n the look of the options cos they just look clumsy at the moment then i wud prob get one if i saw them better than Nvidia, which i havnt lol

again in which regard?

"ATI Admitted Cheating in there Drivers aswell now remember" someone said of Nvidia Cheating in there drivers so i commented that ATI did aswell. n some one said bout ATi having Better Cards or something wen NV30 was out, my point is that everyone tells me how crappy how ATI Drivers r 4 them, so i wudnt spend all that money on the latest n gr8est ATI Card to b let down on the driver side, n without good drivers u got no good card really lol

I have not had any problems I would consider being due to shoddy drivers from ati thus far.. ergo I don't understand the logic of an "ati has bad drivers" comment..

ati's cheating in drivers again is an odd statement given that ati re-ordered instructions to suit their cards architecture...

this is the exact same thing nvidia has been doing for months now... no one has been complaining about nv's re-ordering instructions...

He is refering to the manufactuers making drivers that boost scores in benchmarks programs, nvidia did this not so long ago, ati as well, before nvidia and now no one seems to remember that.

Hey Look My Theory Worked :)

Im sure i deserve a prize 4 noticing lol... Cough Cough Geforce 6800 Ultra Cough Cough lol

Look All Boxes Are Blue

And its getting Announced today right?

Attachments

• It Worked.JPG
    It Worked.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 114
Quote From www.digital-life.com

"Photo of the day: ASUS V9999 on GeForce 6800 Ultra (NV40) — Cormac @ 12:48
There are just some hours left until the official announcement of NVIDIA's NV40 GPU family. To attenuate your foretaste we offer you the images of a GeForce 6800 Ultra-based solution from ASUS.

Well, it's not a "photo" in the true sense. It lacks connectors and is more of a design concept. Nevertheless, you can already see that the card will occupy a single slot, have a unified GPU/memory heatsink, and feature popular "turbine" design. Nothing monstrous, just the power requirements are not clear yet. Anyway, we'll all get to know it later today. So, for now, take a look at ASUS V9999 images: "

Images Are here: http://www.digit-life.com/news.html?103832#103832

Also What i found intresting was this: Memory 256MB GDDR3 NV40 ( http://www.digit-life.com/news.html?103799 )

And here: Memory size 128MB 256-512MB for ATI x800 Pro and XT ( http://www.digit-life.com/news.html?103811 )

Neat

Apparently the NV40 Ultra will be $400
The ATI R420 XT, will be released at the end of May and will be $500

How things have changed!

I Think ATI Seem More Pressed towards Performance etc of there PCI Express version rather than there AGP 8X , where as Nvidia Seems to be really pushing the envelope with there AGP 8X Trying to get every last piece of performance out of the AGP Socket.

So in California where Nvidia is based Right? isnt it like 6 AM there now? n the Announcment is at 12:08? Damn it its 2pm Nearly here in the uk, got ages to wait :( lol

Wonder how much i can sell my FX5800 Ultra for now lol

Yea thats What i read, so Hours left yet, unless the site autoupdates with adverts for it, and i hope Nvidia do what they usualy do which is release the Announcement in Video Format for Download or Stream, cos there normally really good to watch.

lol dont know but thats what i read, i think there at a show or something anyway so probably have to fit it into a schedule.

plex said:
He is refering to the manufactuers making drivers that boost scores in benchmarks programs, nvidia did this not so long ago, ati as well, before nvidia and now no one seems to remember that.

its unfortunate the old dbase went down :)

we had so discussions about this back then and elements were explained in detail...

ah well...

so just 3 or 4 hours left then lol, and proably longer as they'll prob release the announcement as stream or download 2morro, i wonder what the demos 4 the card will be, i thought ogre and dawn, dusk and vulcan were amasing, o yea btw all the FX5900 Ultra demos etc used to work on my card perfectly and i think nvidia relised and did something to the drivers which makes them not open any more on my computer lol and im sure they excluded the doom3 alpha from using nvidia drivers to cut down on ppl using the alpha and so Nvidia would get into Id's Good books, not that i have the doom 3 alpha tho.

I wonder if that means that NVIDIA users will be forced to use newer drivers when they re-enable erm, doom3 support.

I Think The Drivers just detect the Alpha Exe Running and dont let the Drivers continue to render anything, i think people that use the new beta dont have this trouble im not sure, and so i think its just the alpha exe which the drivers detect not the actual doom3 engine running, and when NV40 is released Doom3 is getting shipped with it and so will release Driver 60 containing no doudt More gains for nv40 and doom3

Don't hold your breathe about Doom3 coming with the NV40, tho it would be nice :D

Would be nice lol and im sure its offical but i dont think will be bundled with AGP8x Version maybe a voucher or something then released later on with NV45 which is the PCI Express version, and isnt ATIs New Card still based on 9800 Archiectecure? ( think i spelt it rite) lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back