Nvidia Advertising Nv40 Discretely? or is it just me? lol

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi all

Yester i went on the Nvidia Site to see a blue box on the rite of the screen in the advert window, today there was a second one and ut04 in the middle, i think 2morro the ut04 box will be blue then the following day the big window will b the Advert for NV40 i cud be jumping to conclusions but i thought it was worth saying lol, sorry if this is pointless.

From Ste_W

Attachments

• Blue Boxes.JPG
    Blue Boxes.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 130
if this is Nvidia Advertising in bits as it seems then i think ATI r doin a better job wit the flash thing on there site, although im with nVIDIA all the way

Where did all teh ATI fanboys go?
2 months ago they were everywhere.

I currently own a Radeon 9800 Pro, but I show no brand loyalty. And the NVidia/ATI next gen specs might not be what they appear at the moment. Check out this article at X-bit Labs.

If the ATI deserves my hard-earned money, I will buy that. If NVidia can recover from the year-and-a-half-long pounding they took from ATI and put out a better card for once, my money will go to them. It's that simple.

People that hold brand loyalty to a product, even when its competitor is better, are the same type of people who believed the world is flat and the sun rotated around it.

Just Checked Nvidia Site again and that top right Blue Box is Def Different than it is on the screenshot i took the other day. I Bet this has nothing to do with NV40 has it and is just a glitch or something lol

ste_w said:
Thnk there shuttin up as they seen nv40s specs lol

the specs are actually pretty much on par...

you should see a difference in power consumption and perhaps raw power itself with ati's XT version of the r420...

I know one lad who has the nv40 right now and he's rather pleased with teh benches and tests so far :)

NV40 does sound good n pls dont turn this Forum into ATI Fans VS Nvidias pls lol

haha
I'm not starting anything, I have no brand preference. Perhaps a slight lean to ATI, and only because they are a Canadian company, I would just rather them have my money.

I just find it interesting that, 6 months ago, on all the forums, nvidia was the enemy and ati was raining supreme. Now nvidia is getting all hyped.
Consumers are sheep.
baahhhh.

I wouldn't say consumers are sheep, I would say informed consumers are savy

I think Nvidia Supporters included my self got lost in the Hype of NV30 n were let down wen it came out so we all shut up lol, n i do Compare Both Companies Products, im still glad i got My nv30.

Sazar said:
the specs are actually pretty much on par...

you should see a difference in power consumption and perhaps raw power itself with ati's XT version of the r420...

I know one lad who has the nv40 right now and he's rather pleased with teh benches and tests so far :)
Can you PM little ol Terra the results oh buddy oh pal:D

Unwonted said:
I currently own a Radeon 9800 Pro, but I show no brand loyalty. And the NVidia/ATI next gen specs might not be what they appear at the moment. Check out this article at X-bit Labs.

If the ATI deserves my hard-earned money, I will buy that. If NVidia can recover from the year-and-a-half-long pounding they took from ATI and put out a better card for once, my money will go to them. It's that simple.

People that hold brand loyalty to a product, even when its competitor is better, are the same type of people who believed the world is flat and the sun rotated around it.

I'm the same no loyalty to ether. At the moment I have a radeon 9800 pro in my main pc and a geforce 4 ti 4600 in my 2nd one. I'm not to sure what's better in the latest card's at the moment but I do like the one I chose (although I do think ATI really need to have a hard look at their drivers. Nvidia's drivers seem much better). I'm not sure what card I'll go for next but I do know that it'll be based on how good the drivers seem to be. A graphics card only seems as good as it's drivers.

(although I do think ATI really need to have a hard look at their drivers. Nvidia's drivers seem much better).
Huh:confused: . how can you say something like that with all thats been going down with Nvidia and there *sneaky drivers*. ATI has been really good with the catalyst updates. Plus they run all the DX9 stuff to spec. Not starting an argument but I think this has been pretty much solidified to date.

i wudnt fork out alot of money on an ATI Card at the moment as i always hear how bad there drivers are, if they improved them significantly n the look of the options cos they just look clumsy at the moment then i wud prob get one if i saw them better than Nvidia, which i havnt lol

Terrahertz said:
Huh:confused: . how can you say something like that with all thats been going down with Nvidia and there *sneaky drivers*. ATI has been really good with the catalyst updates. Plus they run all the DX9 stuff to spec. Not starting an argument but I think this has been pretty much solidified to date.

I've had quite a few problems since I got my 9800. Thing's like half life not running smoothly at all with the cat's unless I run the game at a refresh rate of 70hz or less. I never had that problem with Nvidea drivers. Also colin mcrea 4 runs pretty bad on my 9800 also. It's the refresh rate thing again though and when I run the game at 60hz it runs just fine. the problem doesn't exist with my TI 4600. I'm finding alot of stuttering problems with the 9800 in my games. I found that my sound card was causing some of them but fixed that but there still seems to be alot stuttering problems with my 9800 while my TI 4600 seems fine. A mate of mine is having the same problems with ati drivers as i am. Battlefield vietnam is really bad. Not tried it on my TI 4600 yet though but with past experience I'd say it's ATI drivers causing the problem again.

and Im sure you wont be the last. Thats how it is in the PC world. You win some and you lose some but I rather buy my moneys worth.

ATI Admitted Cheating in there Drivers aswell now remember

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back