NFS: Underground Thread

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
No problem :D

I have noticed, if you use the far right base paint set, the vinyls go all funny coloured and i supose in a way, try to match the base paint. So for you to get a colour you want, you really have to flick around the colours to select one because for example, a white might be green and a blue might be white :confused: .. i guess its just the kind of paint it is :p

Alex :cool:

Ci2e

XPert
Thats because the Pearlescent Paint atleast the top row has a double color effect the bottom two rows will give the effect Alex is talking about.

TheBlueRaja

BR to Some
delta4s said:
I have a USB "Twin Shock" kind of Joystick (make unknown, made in Taiwan). It works fine with all other games including Hot Pursuit 2, but in NFS U, it just doesnt detect the controller and the menu behaves strangely when the controller is connected. Anyone else have a similar problem ? :(
Yup - I have EXACTLY the same problem, its a PS2 pad with a play.com converter, every other game works fine apart from this, when it gets to the menu screen it goes nuts and cycle's continuously through the menu, and i have seen other people complain of this too, but no answer i know off im afraid.

I have the latest patch installed too (1.3.0 patch update #4).

Also, i cant get online with it - it just freezes and i have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out.

matwick_fletch

NTFS Pimp
Phishhead A.k.A. Adobo said:
yeah I'm addicted to this game...got a pimped out miata that I use. Don't really care for the MP game though.

Most of the time when you play online, as soon as you start winning the competitor quits back to the "room" and the race just stops. I got so pissed off with people doing that I only now play my friends or single player.

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
TheBlueRaja said:
Yup - I have EXACTLY the same problem, its a PS2 pad with a play.com converter, every other game works fine apart from this, when it gets to the menu screen it goes nuts and cycle's continuously through the menu, and i have seen other people complain of this too, but no answer i know off im afraid.

I have the latest patch installed too (1.3.0 patch update #4).

Also, i cant get online with it - it just freezes and i have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out.
I beleive that it has something to do with the latest patch. Try replacing the speed.exe file in your install folder with the speed.exe from the NFS cd. It worked this way for some people on the NFBS forum. It didnt work for me though :( I'm still stuck with the keyboard.

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
Glad you liked it :)
Keep me posted too if you manage to fix the joystick problem.

TheBlueRaja

BR to Some
I've tried everything i can think off to sort this issue and nothing helps. However i did find that this issue happens in 1 other game - Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4, but i found that disabling the "Second" joy pad in Device manager sorted it for that one.

Unfortunately - NFS is an EA Game and they're designed to p**s me off one way or another so it didn't work for that.

shazzam911

S=H=A=Z=Z=A=M
yeah i got it on ps2 and it looks like the graphics suck on the computer (from the pictures you guys put it) but for the most part i guess it would be easier, but i'll stick to my -s2, only good tihng about comp games.... you can burn em :D

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
well i have a geforce 2mx and it runs/looks decent...i wonder how much an improvement NFS would look with a 9800...

roplusbee

OSNN One Post Wonder
Any code gurus out there? I trashed my profile while messing around with the file profile.usr. Obviously I failed to follow rule number one, "Always make a copy before making changes." Any one have any ideas on the format inside that file?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did :(
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogerbetty