Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Currently ranked #10. I've been blowing passed everyone even though I can't drive worth a crap. I hear the game gets really tough around number 6.

I beat the BK Challenge. Does anyone know how to unlock the challenges? I can't get passed a few of the time booth trials and I hate them... but I want to race as a garbage truck.

I forgot to mention. When I beat #10 I took his car too. I am up to three cars now and about $100K in cash.

Is anyone still playing this game or am I the last of the bunch?

Currently ranked 7.
Bounty $1.9 Mil.
Car MB CLK 500.

Nope, i am still playing it again...and again...and again...sorry, just got into a rut...lol

How many times have you beaten it? I hear it gets really difficult when you go up against ranking number six.

When you beat Razor does it unlock the entire game? Challenges and all?

I just started playing last week wednesday. So far I am upto #8. Moving on up.

Unfortunately I only have a keyboard but I consider myself to be a decent gamer :D

Shifting and steering is different on a keyboard but so far I am kicking ass.

I am going to post pics of my car in a bit but I won the Cayman S and thats all I have been using. It is preferable to use this till you get to the latter stages because the car totally kicks ass. Shifting from 1st to 2nd is the only real downer, otherwise this thing is FAST.

I have only one car in my garage at the moment, I just sold my Eclipse and my Mustang GT, because my Cayman S (souped up) smoked em both, plus I wanted to make it look nice and not so riced up :cool:

Will edit it in a bit.

Word of advice, when it comes to milestones, DO THE SPEEDTRAPS. Screw the cop milestones to start with. It reduces the stress level :D

Coupla pics of my little baby :)

Last edited:
I have six cars in my garage. Five of them being ones that I took from blacklist members. I am currently using the MB CLK 500 as my race car (fast as hell).

I use the other cars for going up against the police. I will likely sell my Lexus IS300 even though I don't need the money.

I can't imagine playing this game with the keyboard. My gamepad is difficult enough.

Heh, trust me, I know what you mean :)

But, as long as you have your shifting down pat, its not so bad. I think with a steering wheel I would kick ass. I will acquire one soon enough, still looking round to see which is best for the buck.

I think someone told me a steering wheel is too picky/sensitive. If you decide to go with one let me know how it works out. I think I might be better off with one.

The logitech MOMO wheel is teh one I am currently looking at.

madmatt: I have beaten the game 4 times now, twice 100% on both the challenges and career, twice 100% on career. One of those times, I got every blacklist car, that was fun...whew.

So I guess beating the career mode doesn't unlock all the challenges? I hate time trials.

I hate on-coming traffic. It's almost like an aimbot, cept its an aimcar. They ram it RIGHT into my vehicle when I'm flying by.

I think the computer AI puts cars in spots when you are way ahead. For instance I was flying around a turn and there was a car right there in my blind spot. Happens all the time.

I just figured out how to drag over the weekend. I was trying to steer the car and I wasn't able to. I didn't realize all you had to do was touch it one way or the other to change lanes.

Basically. You know how to do power-slides and the like right?

Also, do you drive auto or manual?

madmatt said:
I think the computer AI puts cars in spots when you are way ahead. For instance I was flying around a turn and there was a car right there in my blind spot. Happens all the time.

I just figured out how to drag over the weekend. I was trying to steer the car and I wasn't able to. I didn't realize all you had to do was touch it one way or the other to change lanes.

Well, it's no doubt intended as a challenge, to keep the player comming back to play again... Not that it wouldn't be easier without em, but then it would also be less of a game...

Power slides as in applying the e-brake to fly around sharp corners?

I use auto. I suck at shifting. I tried manual but I always shift early or late because I am usually looking at other things (such as the map).

Wow, how the heck are you winning anything in auto mode?

:eek:

I can't believe you man lol, auto?

Come on.

Power slides == hand-brake, release/shift to right gear, accelerate :D

Fabulously useful to overtake as well because the AI cars don't powerslide much. They do shift well though and they never hit the sides of crap when driving, even if they go through the "hidden" passageways. Thats the annoying part. You like my Cayman though?

It's stretched a bit (crappy non-wideaspect gaming b.s. in the game, but I am using a res-hack to give me somewhat native viewing)

I must drive better than I thought. I have a problem with my hands shaking uncontrollably and that's why I tend not to play games or do things that require precision (and I'm not bs'ing).

The Cayman is an awesome car. Once I took the MB CRK 500 I switched because it has better handling/acceleration/speed. Gave it a paint job and flames.

I have six cars in my garage and I alternate the others against the cops to keep heat levels down because once you get to heat level 4 it gets very very very tough. I had one portion where three sets of SUV's came at me within 30 seconds.

I still can't believe you've gotten this far using the keyboard. That's nuts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back