Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

Re: NTFS Stretching Bug gone

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
The stretching bug has been fixed!!

Excellent! Been waiting for this to happen :)

Remember to clean everything out when upgrading firebird..
PLEASE NOTE: You should create a new profile for Mozilla Firebird 0.7. To create a new profile, start Mozilla Firebird by running MozillaFirebird.exe -p and click on the "Create Profile" button.

You must also delete your old Mozilla Firebird directory rather than just overwriting the files there Not doing so WILL result in problems and you should not file any bugs on Mozilla Firebird unless you've first done a clean install and tested on a new profile. As Mozilla Firebird stabilizes more this will not be necessary but until then these steps are absolutely necessary.
.. else old bugs may still appear ;)

Many extensions (such as IEView) don't work with the new nightly builds. So you may want to wait a for a little while for that to get sorted out before you update to a new nightly build (even though the stretching bug is fixed).

well, i delete my programs folder and the profiles folders and still strech bug appear

Originally posted by Leo154
what exactly WAS the stretch bug?

This (see attachment)

attachment.php

ah, ok no problem....i always delete the profile but i keep backup of certain files like users.js, pref.js, allowed cookies,signons,etc

Hi Guys,

I am very new to Firebird. Downloaded and installed 0.7. I have pretty much configured it to open pages to my liking. I still have a lot to learn, but it is as I go along. My question is, where does Firebird keep it's cache folder? It is defaulted to 50megs, should I increase it? It is because pages are taking a lot of time to open, as compared to Avant from a few days ago.

Thanks in advance

Heeter

Heeter:

The cache for Firebird is here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles\default\<something>.slt\Cache

But increasing the cache size won't help with speed. There are, however, several tweaks you can make that will speed up the browser in difference ways. Look here:

http://texturizer.net/firebird/tips.html

for some ways to tweak it.

The stretch bug fix has now been incorporated into the 20031125 build.

Direct download links here:
Windows
Linux
Mac

All front page themes are displaying correctly now :)

NetRyder: are you sure, it might be one of those little isolated incidents whereit only works with you :p.

Anyways, using the ports tree, so ill need to hack up a Makefile or two.

Originally posted by X-Istence
NetRyder: are you sure, it might be one of those little isolated incidents whereit only works with you :p.

No, it's officially fixed in the trunk. Kevin posted the BugZilla link a few posts up. The changes have been added to this build.
Should work for everyone now :)

Mozilla Handling Of Compressed .rar files

Mozilla 1.5 still doesn't know how to handle .rar files for downloading :mad:

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem.. No problems with downloading a .zip file but!!! Every time I click a link to download a compressed rar file Mozilla always opens a new window displaying the contents of the file. In sending feedback about the problem I'm told that there is something wrong with my system. Internet Explorer 6 never has this problem and at one time I had Netscape Communicatior installed and it did see a problem. I have even played around setting up a new MIME type for .application\rar files types..

STill refuses to work;) ;)

I'm I Alone

Bob

The problem is, in fact, not with Mozilla but with the way the web server sends the mime headers to the browser. Fixing the problem lies in the hands of the site admin/webmaster.
Because of this, you'll find that some RAR files display garbled text while others pop open a dialog box like they're supposed to.

As a workaround, all you have to do is right click the link and select Save Target As.

Yah, I get that problem with RAR files too. It also happens with .torrent files.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back