Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

Hi Gonaads,

While using version4 for a week or so, I noticed that when someone using a hotmail (xxxxxx@hotmail.com) email account to send me an email, I would double-click in my inbox, and a new window opens, and nothing is written in the email body. Only the sender across the top and subject is written. The first couple of times this happened, I wrote the person back and asked why they sent me an email with nothing in it. This actually happened to three different senders. So I just resorted to going back to Ver3.

As for the middle toolbar, I did change my visual style to the MS Longhorn Aero, but I did revert back to default and tried again, to no avail. Thunderbird is original, no skins.

Heeter

be sure that you are composing in html and not in plain text...
Tools->Account Settings->Adressing & Composition

That wouldn't affect the rendering of the mail, also HTML mail is bad and pointless ;)

There's an option in the View menu somewhere to view all messages in plain text (Great feature, stops images loading and reporting your account is active to spam servers) try using that. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft have included some of their retarded home-brew HTML in hotmail messages which is causing problems rendering it.

Heeter, as for the missing Tool Bar try reinstalling Version 0.4 but to another Directory (name it T-Birb2 or whatever). Then launch it with the Default XP VS and with the default Thunderbird skin (Make sure you have rebooted the System after reverting back to the default XP VS but before you re install Thunderbird). and see if it is still missing.

That is one thing I didn't do, that was rebooting after returning to default visual style. I will try that right away, Gonaads.

Heeter

Okay, I returned to original Luna, rebooted.
Re-installed the newer V4 Tbird, made it my new "default" email client. so it is using the same C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Thunderbird folder as V3. I still cannot see the middle toolbar when writing a new email. I really would like to have it back, or be able to access it from the dropdowns up top. Maybe I should delete a pref. or js folder in the Application Data/Thunderbird folder? It is a setting that is being carried over from the previous V3 thunderbird. There must a setting the folder hat I could modify. Isn't there?

Heeter

Links in Outlook express not opening, when Firebird is default browser. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

check that the url protocol is associated with firebird.

in explorer: Tools->Folder Options->File Types and somewhere in the top of the list is the URL: Protocol.

Ok, I set it for Firebird but it does not work.

prot.JPG

That is already there. Here is the full path: "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe" %1-url

Someone said I need to use the FB installer - so I tried that and it still does not work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back