Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know if any of you has the same problem but i'm getting the strech page again here in OSNN???

hmm, is gzip working, that is what solved it before...
I will check my copy of Firebird when I get home.

well i know its looks fine but it looks more strech than it looks yesterday, today i have to scrool to the right to see the whole page

good to know i'm not alone :D and now that netryder metions it i check IE and also have it too with IE

another lil question.

the icon in teh address bar is saved as the icon in my favorites if the site is listed there. ie. the windows icon that appears in the address beside osnn is also beside osnn in my bookmarks.

i know this is a default feature, but how do i get rid of it?

hybrid said:
another lil question.

the icon in teh address bar is saved as the icon in my favorites if the site is listed there. ie. the windows icon that appears in the address beside osnn is also beside osnn in my bookmarks.

i know this is a default feature, but how do i get rid of it?

"Disable Bookmark Icons" on:
http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html#beh_icons
wink.gif

Well, to answer x-istence's question... I did not find any way to import my old profile data from the old location.... I was, however, able to copy a good portion of the important data (bookmarks.html; signons.txt; formdata.dat) over to my new profile... only thing I really lost was most of my extensions and the settings for the extensions I didn't lose... along with losing my themes. :( Kind of a pain, and perhaps I missed something such that I could have had my profile data imported, but I didn't see anything that was what I was looking for. Oh, and worst of all, I tried copying all the files from the old profile into the new one and managed to "break" Firefox such that I couldn't even submit form data anymore, so I had to go back and create a brand new profile and then copy the above 3 files back over manually (those are the three I know that are "safe" to import into a new profile.. any others, do so at your own risk) So yeah, not exactly what I'd call a smooth upgrade.

I have asked before, forgot the answer, so here it is again. All of my icons are gone from the toolbar and bookmarks. what is the bloody file I need to delete to get them dislaying again?

thanks, EJ

(Mozilla Firefox 0.8)
Alright, I have just discovered the use of userChrome.css and I was thinking to use this file as a workaround for the slowdown that I experience on the frontpage when scrolling through the page. This slowdown is (obviously) caused by the background, which is set to 'fixed', and the slowdown should be gone when it is set to 'scroll'. For that I have this line added to the file:
Code:
body {
  background-attachment: scroll !important
}
This should work, but the problem is, that it is not defined in a style sheet, instead it is written in style="<style thingies here>", so it won't work. How can I do it?

How to insert smilies in Thunderbird?

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040326)
Mac OS X 10.3.3

I cannot find the toolbar in the compose window. :(
Who can help me?THX!

J.Lee said:
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040326)
Mac OS X 10.3.3

I cannot find the toolbar in the compose window. :(
Who can help me?THX!

When you open a "compose window" Click on "view" in the top bar (see attachment 1).

Then you will see the center "formating" toolbar in the compose window and the icon for the "smilies" (see attachment 2).

Now this is in Windows, but it should be the same in Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back