Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Apple/KDE will optmise KHTML somewhere along the way, Gecko definitely seems winnest at the moment though :D

I'll keep hopping between the browers though, each has their plus/minus points :)

True. The snapback feature in Safari looks interesting. I'm sure I'd be using it quite a bit if it were somehow implemented in Firefox down the line.

New Thunderbird artwork has been included in test builds, people! The icons and artwork have been created by Jon Hicks, the same person who created the awesome Firefox icon.

Here's the link to Jon's journal: http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/2004/04/thunderbird/

Check out details on the new test build here:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=70521

Apart from the new artwork, this build also includes significant improvements to the junk mail filter, so it might be worth giving it a shot. I've installed it, but I don't have any junk mail to test it on at the moment.
tongue.gif

The final 0.6 build should be coming sometime in the next few weeks.
grin.gif

Attachments

• dock_tbird.PNG
    dock_tbird.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 134
And here's a dock icon (128x128 PNG) that I threw together using the images from Jon's site. Enjoy.
happy.gif

Attachments

• Thunderbird.png
    Thunderbird.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 129
muzikool said:
Very cool icon.

Most definitely. It's a perfect complement to the Firefox icon.
They look awesome sitting next to each other on the dock.
smile.gif

I need to check into Thunderbird since I've never used it. Would it be a good program to use if I needed a calendar?

Edit: There is no calendar built-in is there... just an extension?

hmmm I can't seem to get the calendar to work with the newer thunderbird.
I get this. Any suggestions?

Hi I am using the Firefox build: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040326 Firefox/0.8.0+ (scragz)
What I want to know is there anyway for the IE equivelent of save as??? I have "save link to disk" on a right click, but would really like to specify the filename when downloading

You should be able to save and rename whatever you are downloading.

But if you want you can check to see if you have it set correctly.

Click on "tools" at the top of your browser. (see first attachment) Then click "options".

Then click on the "downloads" icon on the left of the window that has opened up. Now make sure that "as me where to save every file" is ticked under the heading "download folder". (see second attachment)

Then when you download you should be able to rename the files when the dialog box opens asking where to save the files to.

is there anyway to make tabs smaller??? like half of their current size, ilm lookin at mozillazine forums but havent found anything yet

Daeron Tinúviel said:
is there anyway to make tabs smaller??? like half of their current size, ilm lookin at mozillazine forums but havent found anything yet

Not that I know of. They do get smaller when you have tabs crowding the screen, but I don't know of a way to make them smaller all of the time.

This firefos is nice. There are a couple of things that still don't work right.
  • Not all pages show right
  • The popup features are horrible, and there is no over ride for them
  • The integrated download manager is o.k. But when you use flashget it brings an annoying page up that says it redirecting it to flashget.
  • The select all don't work all the time
  • You can't hightlight text very well
These are only a couple of things I can think of right off hand, I will post more as I find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back