Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Istence

Political Access
Come here to discuss Mozilla Firebird, Mozilla the browser suite, Mozilla Thunderbird and any other.

Enjoy :).

Using Firebird 0.7 right now, the solid release available on the front page. :)

I think I have nightlies of Camino, Firebird and Mozilla installed :D

Using a athlonxp optomised version of firebird 0.7 by aebrahim

living on the bleeding edge (kinda) ...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031222

I am currently running on IE6, can someone tell which is the most stable one to try out first. :)

polyglory said:
I am currently running on IE6, can someone tell which is the most stable one to try out first. :)

.7 is stable release
working well here - often the nightlies are neat tho

I use IE 6.0.2800 at the moment. If I d/l and try Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird, will it upset stuff or will both work?

you can run IE and Mozilla and Firebird all at the same time, and they wont conflict wtih each other

You can run IE, Mozilla, Mozilla FireBird all together if you want, you can even run 2 copies of moz (stable/nightly) :D

That is the cool think, Mozilla FireBird doesnt touch any settings, and doesnt use the registry (Clean deinstall :p)

hides the damned conf files from you though (if you're new to it and not knowledgeable to where they are) which doesn't cause a problem, but when you remove an app it can be annoying to find bits left over.

Hopefully that will be rectified once FB comes with an installer :)

Uhm, their not hidden, they are put there where all standard windows programs also dump its ****, and windows apps leave their **** behind there as well. They dont remove it when its uninstalled.

Just a note, when you use FireBird on Linux, it creates a .phoenix folder in your homedir, same sort of concept.

I am using Firebird .7

When I am downloading a file, is there someway that, as it is downloading, It d/l's directly to the specified folder, instead of into the "temp" folder first then, when complete, transfers over to the specified folder?

Heeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back