Motorola RAZR V3 / V3c Drivers (with download links)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i beliece you set it up as a usb modem.. been a while since i played with it though

Thanks for the links, however, I get a Windows Logo testing error. Did anybody else get this? And should I proceed?

I've unzipped the files from the link above, and am able to see and run the p2kcommander.exe file, but it didn't unzip any P2kdrivers_2.8 file described next. Am I missing something?? The P2k software doesn't seem to be recognizing the V3 without this?

Last edited:
run_up - did you grab the right files? The attached file is the p2kcommander files. There are a couple links in the first post that link to the driver downloads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Official “New To This Community” Thread

Hi

I am interested if anyone has the answer to the following.
I have a Motorola v3 and I have a Windows vista. I purchased the software which only contained the disc for XP not Vista but at least I got the data USB cable.
Please can any one help with step by step instructions and also instructions to retrieve my pictures from my phone?
This would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Learnasyougo

1. install the software (does the disk say "certified for Vista"?)
2. connect the usb cable to your computer
3. open the motorola phone tools on your PC (either from the desktop icon if you let one be installed, or from your start>programs menu
3. you'll get a message saying motorola phone tools is unable to communicate with the phone. connect the cable to the phone.
4. there will be some time initializing ... .maybe updating firmware as well.
5. when the phone looks connected, click "multimedia studio".
6. drag and drop
7 consult the online help for more guidance

*this is an approximation. Since the last time my phone updated, I've been unable to move things back and forth. I'm spending some time today to troubleshoot the error message online (searching for the error) and then will go to the cingular store and whine to them.

** if the software hasn't been certified on vista none of this might work. i'm not an early adopter of O/Ss and still very happy-ish on windows xp.

best of luck!

Thanks for the download for the driver, it worked like a charm. Now if I can get the phone tools to work I can get my pics off my phone. :)

thank you excellent. now on to bigger things.
going to try to get ringtones to work. I am a noob at this but learning
this is really cool I had no idea. thank you

Please bear with me . ..

1) First many thanks for the easy instructions and download of P2k !!!!

Second, I am trying to understand what software (minimally) I need to do the following functions. (I have added some guesses, so you understand what I mean)

Charge phone from Laptop P2k
Delete some templates to free some memory ??
Back-up or manage my Phone Book to/on Laptop MPT ?
Transfer Pics/Videos from Camera to Laptop (and vise versa) MPT ?

I really only need the first 3 functions, I can e-mail the Pics from phone to Laptop if I have to.

Again, thanks in advance, trying to avoid the $39 for MPT !!

K for some reason I've had to post this three times...
Has anyone tried this with vista yet? I downloaded the driver and extracted it and when I manually selected the driver folder and it said it didn't find it and directed me to the Motodev site to download that.
Anybody know what to do here?

HELP!

It worked like a charm yesterday, all the drivers loadeded ect. Then I got MPT and it worked great. today. when I restarted and plugged my phone in it called it a l7c/k1m/v3m and the drivers don't work anymore. I have restored computer to earlier time and plugged back in and same thing. If I can get the drivers to recognize the phone I'm back in buisness but for now, I'm a little confused. Any help? Thank you.

K for some reason I've had to post this three times...
Has anyone tried this with vista yet? I downloaded the driver and extracted it and when I manually selected the driver folder and it said it didn't find it and directed me to the Motodev site to download that.
Anybody know what to do here?

you had to post it three times because you're first post must be approved by a moderator and/or admin before you are allowed to post more.

As for your driver issues, which file did you download. The attached files in the first post (p2kcommander) is not a driver. You need to follow the links in the first post to your driver.

note: I have edited the first post to try to make this fact a little clearer.

Sorry for that, I saw that right after my third post but they were not up yet to edit. Thank you for clearing those up for me. I didn't use the attached files, but used the redmeteor link which appeared to me to be the right file. I guess I didn't try the other link, but I will now.

It's weird, because I know I downloaded the redmeteor file, (assume it's the driver) but the files were: p2k, (p2k.sys, and USBMOT2000) I will try both the links again, while a moderator looks at my post so I don't post 2 more times and look stupid.

Thanks so much. My husband took the only working charger on vacation and I realized I only had one bar left. this is so much easier than going out and buying a new charger.

heey, i got vista, and everything im trying to connect my v3 to my comp isnt working. the driver i install keeps on comming up as a modem and wont recognice in p2k.

is there a special vista driver i need or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back