MacBook release finally here?

yep... if it's gonna have an intel it better have a duo in it :) {suprisingly better on batt. life as well?!?}

Very nice Muzi :)...I guess I'll have to take a trip over to the Apple store..w00T!!!!!

I'm making this post on my new MacBook!!! :D

I'll post a review after I've had some time to play with it. :)

muzikool said:
I'm making this post on my new MacBook!!! :D

I'll post a review after I've had some time to play with it. :)

Nice :smoker:...Plenty in stock?...

tdinc said:
Nice :smoker:...Plenty in stock?...

They had a lot, but they also sold a lot. All of the 2.0's were gone by 6pm today, and they expected to get rid of all of them by close tonight.

Not to hijack, but this begs the question as to why MS doesn't make their own systems.

You simply don't see this for a PC, where a new hardware platform comes out and is sold out by end of day :s

well I'm getting one but going to wait til (crosses fingers) they update to Core Duo 2 by August.!!!

There are no if ands or buts about it, this will be my first mac

kc said:
Not to hijack, but this begs the question as to why MS doesn't make their own systems.

You simply don't see this for a PC, where a new hardware platform comes out and is sold out by end of day

see that's what buggs me... M$ is sooo much into OS, developing only a minute amount of network hardware +keyboards and mices.... that they might eventually try to program an os for apple, and apple will adopt it :s

Techno Child said:
see that's what buggs me... M$ is sooo much into OS, developing only a minute amount of network hardware +keyboards and mices.... that they might eventually try to program an os for apple, and apple will adopt it :s

No way. OS X is the HEART of the Mac. Steve Jobs has said that himself. Apple will not adopt a MS OS. Apple even made iWorks to compete with Office!

Dammit, these are hot. Too bad my next laptop is about 3 years away :/

muzikool said:
No way. OS X is the HEART of the Mac. Steve Jobs has said that himself. Apple will not adopt a MS OS. Apple even made iWorks to compete with Office!

iWork isnt any competition to Office. iWork, at least in my opinion is an evolution of AppleWorks.

sean.ferguson said:
iWork isnt any competition to Office. iWork, at least in my opinion is an evolution of AppleWorks.

It's competition when it replaces Office on someone's computer. It did on mine. :)

Yeah, a lot ofpeople need that. I don't really use Excel myself.

appleworks/iworks has a spreadsheet :eek:

i like it better than excel... there is always openoffice... i think they have a mac version don't they?

Techno Child said:
appleworks/iworks has a spreadsheet :eek:

i like it better than excel... there is always openoffice... i think they have a mac version don't they?
OpenOffice supports Windows/Linux/Solaris/FreeBSD/Macintosh :)

Its hideous on Mac :lick: they need to create a spreadsheet application to their iWork suite. Then i'l be happy :p

damn i wants a MacBook now :p
Muzikool get that review done, if you can tell us about how warm it normally feels that would be good, have heard a bit about the MacBook Pros running a little warm.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back