MacBook release finally here?

Of course now the rumor sites are saying "it might not be today, maybe next Tuesday." :mad:

muzikool said:
Heck. No. OS X is a superior operating system and it's not going anywhere.

so was the ppc processor :(

i don't know.... it's just one of those things you can't do anything about. I hope as apple evolves as a company, they won't try to side with microsoft just because of profit increase :disappointed:

I like the PPC processor, but the fact is that IBM wasn't getting it done with the G5. They could never get it into a laptop or mini, so Apple looked elsewhere.

PowerPC was the daddy-o in it's day... x86 just caught up quicker than Motorola, IBM, et-al expected. With Rosetta behind them, Apple have certainly made the right move.

Techno Child said:
so was the ppc processor :(

i don't know.... it's just one of those things you can't do anything about. I hope as apple evolves as a company, they won't try to side with microsoft just because of profit increase :disappointed:

Umm, that's why it's in business to dude. To make a profit ;p

Watch Apple having a field day with the marketting this fall, with the Vista delay and all.

Techno Child said:
yep... i know. {is vista still not released?!?}

Did you mean to say "is vista ever going to be released?" That would be an excellent question.

muzikool said:
Did you mean to say "is vista ever going to be released?" That would be an excellent question.

Supposedly somewhere in January, with still no native support for the new booting procedure, IIRC, EFS. Since people apparently don't need it :p.

no, of course not.... why would people need a booting procedure lol... it would probably help subdue a migrane epidemic :D

{that is if the user can't load windows-there will be no problems :p }

AWESOME!!! I want one now sooo bad
and it come in black too? wow
{i will put up with intel up until the first time one freezes on me... then i'm reverting back to vintage macs :p}

Went to the Apple Store this morning and got one put on hold for 24 hours. Hopefully I can get it today or tomorrow!

Lucky Ducky :)

I'm probably not going to be able to get one for another few years, as I just bought my Ibook recently.

SPeedY_B said:
Just need to sell this fecking PowerMac now though :p

Dave,

How much will you be looking for and for what? I may be interested, but I need details :)

Looks might interesting.

The black one looks nicer than the white.

It's official. I'm going back to the store after work to pick it up!!! :D

Sazar said:
Looks might interesting.

The black one looks nicer than the white.

I disagree. However, that might change when I see them in the store. Core Duo, people were expecting them to go with the Core solo for this one.

I'm super pumped that they put the Core Duo in there!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back