Logitech MX1000 Laser club

Well I thought I might as well get myself an early present. I have a MX700 which I thought was an amazing mouse.

That is untill I got the MX1000. It's quite amazing to say the least.

It's so accurate and smooth. I've never really felt anything like it before.

No matter how fast or quick the movements are, it seems to keep up with them perfectly.

heh. glad everyone else like it. that is... other than half the people over at Anandtech or whatever. one guy made the crappiest review of it based solely on his own stupid opinions on the mouse and told everyone not to buy it, saying it was a "beta" product and stuff like that. yah well, they're missing out.

LOL, yea, I think the MX1000 is the best wireless mouse on the market, nothing I have ever used even comes close.

One thing I've noticed is that I can't get the forward / back buttons to work in Firefox 1.0.

Is there an easy fix for that?

Works fine in IE, but who actually wants to use that.

I had to take mine back due to the problem it has with jumping around, I didnt want to pay 60 bucks for something that doesnt work like it should. I did however like it when it wasnt going crazy. When they work it out I will get another but for now I am sticking with a mx900. And as far as it being beta...in a way it is, its the first of its kind to come out. And some of the mice do have problems that they seem to be taking their sweet time to fix. If mine didnt have that problem I would have been the best, but for now I have to wait for them to fix it.

zeke, it depends on the mousepad you used (if you used one). think the older mats don't work well with it.

Luna, go into the SetPoint Settings for the button configs. select the back or forward button, then in the button task select Other. Then click Select Function, and in that dropdown that shows up, choose Generic Button. That should work.

Great mouse. Anyone know how to bind the Side-to-Side scroll button to the "lean" function in games???

It really would be nice to be able to LEAN using the Scroll wheel, but I Don't see a way to allow bindings to to it.

LPDad, there's no way to bind the side scroll function with the SetPoint software as of yet. I did e-mail them about it, and the guy that replied said he would send the idea to the software development department or some junk. don't remember exactly what he did with it, but he said possibly in one of the next few releases. too bad a new version get's released like every month and a half.

Today I got a present from a friend of mine and his girl... I opened the box and I really had no idea whats inside.. well, it was a MX1000...

And all of you are so right: this is a GREAT mouse. Buttons are exactly where they should be, scrollwheel is great and mouse is very fast and very responsive. And it is not so heavy as other cordless mice...

To sum it up: hardware is great!
Software is giving me problems:

When I boot my pc, just after the logonscreen I get an error:

KHALMNPR.EXE - Illegal system dll relocation
The system dll USER32.DLL was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured becouse the dll C:\Windows\System32\Setupapi.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows System dlls. The vendor supplying the dll should be contacted for a new dll.

After that error Logitech's setpoint starts up, but I dont have any options to set. I get just a page with ergonomic information, links to logitech and other not important stuff.

I've had a look at Logitech's support section, but I didn't find anything. Google didn't have anything on relocation of user32.dll becouse of setupapi.dll neither. Itried software from the cd supplied with the mouse and the newest setpoint from Logitech's site. No change. Same error.

The exe calling the dll is Logitech Hardware layer for bluetooth devices. I know that that cool keyboard has a bluetooth hub builtin, but the mouse doesn't. So I don't really know what's that exe doing on my system anyways. MX1000 doesn't have a bluetooth hub...
Any ideas? I want this to work so badly....

Greetz

Lukas

[EDIT]
WinXP Pro SP 2
Setpoint 2.14
Mouse on USB [PS/2 tried, no change]
[/EDIT]

might try un-installing and re-install the the mouse drivers and setpoint software.

Did that allready... Tried the Setpoint that was on the cd supplied with the mouse and a fresh downloaded version from logitech. I even uninstalled setpoint, installed mouseware and then installed new version of setpoint. According to Logitech both installations can co-exist without any problems.

One question thos: how is your mouse listed in device manager?

On my pc it's:

connected to USB: USB Logitech HID Compliant Cordless Mouse
connected to PS/2: Logitech PS/2 Port Mouse

Greetz

Lukas

Lukas said:
Did that allready... Tried the Setpoint that was on the cd supplied with the mouse and a fresh downloaded version from logitech. I even uninstalled setpoint, installed mouseware and then installed new version of setpoint. According to Logitech both installations can co-exist without any problems.

One question thos: how is your mouse listed in device manager?

On my pc it's:

Greetz

Lukas

Well I know that this seems like a no brainer but it does say in the manuel to connect it *Laptop by way of usb* PC*use the ps/2 port having both mice attached might be the greif. Try just plugging in the MX1000 in the ps/2 port I would bet both mice or conflicting with each other

The mouse is plugged into the PS/2 port... It works just fine on USB as well, and there is no change in the behavior of the software... I even got on the phone with Logitech here in Belgium. They promised to call me back within 48 hours. That was 5 days ago... :(

I meant (by the post you're quoting) that WHEN I plug it into the usb port it gets listed as...

It's not actually two mice...

Grtz

Lukas

anyone having the jumping problems - it is solved by using the ps2 port rather than the usb or by using the latest setpoint software. there was some problems with early base stations - its in the faq on the logitech website :)

I am gonna increase the rate on my usb port tool later, a tool was just released on tcmagazine.info

EP, think u could post a link to the little news story containing a link to said tool? kinda wanna see if i even think it's worth downloading.

edit: EP, i found it... jus don't like the part where it says "use at your own risk. may damage motherboard or mouse"

officially now a member with my MX1000 in my hand, well - next to it currently :) Very nice, out of curiosity.. has anyone ever had any instances where the mouse just jumps randomly to the edge of the screen? :nervous:

It's happened once or twice

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back