• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Live 8

I'm surprised this isn't already a hot topic... perhaps I'm the only one who cares that Floyd got back together for today to perform at Live 8! Not that they are the only act worth watching, there are plenty of GREAT bands performing from 8 countries around the world!!! However, Pink Floyd is definitely at the top of MY list!

For those who don't know what Live 8 is about, here's a snippet from the Live 8 website:
On July 6th, we finally have the opportunity to stop that shameful statistic.

8 world leaders, gathered in Scotland for the G8 summit, will be presented with a workable plan to double aid, drop the debt and make the trade laws fair. If these 8 men agree, then we will become the generation that made poverty history.

But they'll only do it if enough people tell them to.

That's why we're staging LIVE 8. 10 concerts, 100 artists, a million spectators, 2 billion viewers, and 1 message... To get those 8 men, in that 1 room, to stop 30,000 children dying every single day of extreme poverty.
Just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to attend any of the Live 8 shows, particularily the one in the UK, to see Paul McCartney and U2 perform Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or the Killers' performance of All These Things That I've Done. Did/Is anyone listening live online?

I urge you all to visit the Live 8 website and urge you all to help Make Poverty History!

i've seen the beg. of it on tv i didn't like U2's performance all that much it didn't sound that good but it was pretty cool

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I had nothing else to do so I've watched it all since the beginning.How some of these people got recording contracts is beyond me cause they can't sing a note.Bob Geldof singing I Don't Like Monday's was awful as was Dido and pete Doherty needs to find another job :speechless:
My best bits were Keane,REM,Madonna was really good,UB40, Velvet Revolver were brill and ofcourse Robbie Williams was gorgeous as usual :nervous:

Last edited:

ThePatriot

-=[BOHICA!]=-
Political User
I was at an Amusement park all day with the family and just got in...someone tell me how Pink Floyd was pleeeeeeease!:nervous:

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I just finished watching Live 8, it was great. The finalie was amazing. Oh, how do u think Pink Floyd was...lol sweetened

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
ThePatriot said:
I was at an Amusement park all day with the family and just got in...someone tell me how Pink Floyd was pleeeeeeease!:nervous:
Go to the AOL link in my other post then choose the London feed.

All of them are being rebroadcast.

ThePatriot

-=[BOHICA!]=-
Political User
Bman said:
I just finished watching Live 8, it was great. The finalie was amazing. Oh, how do u think Pink Floyd was...lol sweetened
I can only imagine!!!

American Zombie said:
Go to the AOL link in my other post then choose the London feed.

All of them are being rebroadcast.
Will do, thanks, man!!!

live8 is awesome. i have the white wrist band thing to show my support. my fav performances were jayz/linkin park and beyonce. i thought dido was good btw.

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
ThePatriot said:
someone tell me how Pink Floyd was pleeeeeeease!:nervous:
I thought they were quite dull actually,I prefer music with a bit of life in it.I even enjoyed Snoop and I don't usually like that kind of stuff :laugh:

Last edited:

Xie

- geek -
Dave Matthews Band made the cover of the news paper here. :) Kinda shocked actually with Pink Floyd reunion overseas and all.

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
If there was to be an award for the best act of the night it would have to go to Victoria Beckham for her ridiculous pouting pose everytime she realised the camera was on her,had me in stitches :cheeky:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814