Live 8

E-kLiPsE

OSNN Junkie
I'm surprised this isn't already a hot topic... perhaps I'm the only one who cares that Floyd got back together for today to perform at Live 8! Not that they are the only act worth watching, there are plenty of GREAT bands performing from 8 countries around the world!!! However, Pink Floyd is definitely at the top of MY list!

For those who don't know what Live 8 is about, here's a snippet from the Live 8 website:
On July 6th, we finally have the opportunity to stop that shameful statistic.

8 world leaders, gathered in Scotland for the G8 summit, will be presented with a workable plan to double aid, drop the debt and make the trade laws fair. If these 8 men agree, then we will become the generation that made poverty history.

But they'll only do it if enough people tell them to.

That's why we're staging LIVE 8. 10 concerts, 100 artists, a million spectators, 2 billion viewers, and 1 message... To get those 8 men, in that 1 room, to stop 30,000 children dying every single day of extreme poverty.

Just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to attend any of the Live 8 shows, particularily the one in the UK, to see Paul McCartney and U2 perform Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or the Killers' performance of All These Things That I've Done. Did/Is anyone listening live online?

I urge you all to visit the Live 8 website and urge you all to help Make Poverty History!

Been on the TV for most of the day, haven't really watched any of it yet though.

i've seen the beg. of it on tv i didn't like U2's performance all that much it didn't sound that good but it was pretty cool

Yes, it's a great concert for a great cause which includes many great bands. Wish I could watch it. :(

Missed the morning stuff as I use that to catch up on my sleep at the w/e
but just seen faithless/the who play

I had nothing else to do so I've watched it all since the beginning.How some of these people got recording contracts is beyond me cause they can't sing a note.Bob Geldof singing I Don't Like Monday's was awful as was Dido and pete Doherty needs to find another job :speechless:
My best bits were Keane,REM,Madonna was really good,UB40, Velvet Revolver were brill and ofcourse Robbie Williams was gorgeous as usual :nervous:

Last edited:
I liked seeing Pink Floyd and The Who.

The best coverage is on AOL.

Last edited:
I was at an Amusement park all day with the family and just got in...someone tell me how Pink Floyd was pleeeeeeease!:nervous:

I just finished watching Live 8, it was great. The finalie was amazing. Oh, how do u think Pink Floyd was...lol sweetened

ThePatriot said:
I was at an Amusement park all day with the family and just got in...someone tell me how Pink Floyd was pleeeeeeease!:nervous:

Go to the AOL link in my other post then choose the London feed.

All of them are being rebroadcast.

Bman said:
I just finished watching Live 8, it was great. The finalie was amazing. Oh, how do u think Pink Floyd was...lol sweetened
I can only imagine!!!

American Zombie said:
Go to the AOL link in my other post then choose the London feed.

All of them are being rebroadcast.
Will do, thanks, man!!!

live8 is awesome. i have the white wrist band thing to show my support. my fav performances were jayz/linkin park and beyonce. i thought dido was good btw.

For your info.. Pink Floyd were brill - was speechless afterwards as it finished on my favourite number.

ThePatriot said:
someone tell me how Pink Floyd was pleeeeeeease!:nervous:
I thought they were quite dull actually,I prefer music with a bit of life in it.I even enjoyed Snoop and I don't usually like that kind of stuff :laugh:

Last edited:
Did try and Sky+ it to watch it later, to record it all would take up 53% of the disk! :eek:

Dave Matthews Band made the cover of the news paper here. :) Kinda shocked actually with Pink Floyd reunion overseas and all.

If there was to be an award for the best act of the night it would have to go to Victoria Beckham for her ridiculous pouting pose everytime she realised the camera was on her,had me in stitches :cheeky:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back