limewire

P

painbird

does limewire contain spyware? if so what other prog would be good to get into the p2p scene?

thanks

don't download Limewire...more spyware and intrusive stuff than you would even imagine...I would say learn how to use bittorrent...it's not hard...and worth it cause you help people by being on it...also beware with too many p2p questions...just make sure you don't talk about anything illegal...

i use bittorrent a lot. i was going to try to use a p2p to find random things but maybe i should avoid it.

Bittorrent or Shareaza (eDonkey and Gnutella networks). Get rid of Limewire and scan for spyware if you've already installed it.

sorry to post on an old thread but my dad was wondering, if he has already bought an album on lp, is it legal to download the tracks off of limewire seeing as he as already payed for them. thanks.

Acording to the RIAA that is not legal. They don't take any excuses when downloading .. This is the reason I try to screw them anyway I can .. :)

Download what you want, what is the % of getting in trouble? Very slim. Unless you are selling it.

The only P2P program that gave me no problems and found what I am looking for was Ares, which I used for downloading music. I have now gotten rid of it, and use Torrent programs for everything.

I use limewire and there's no spyware. Altho their could've been when this thread was created.

Admiral Michael said:
I use limewire and there's no spyware. Altho their could've been when this thread was created.

That is true, limewire don't have any spyware. It is however a resource hog. Mostly for the fact that it uses java, which is another program I hate with a passion ..

bobsalot said:
sorry to post on an old thread but my dad was wondering, if he has already bought an album on lp, is it legal to download the tracks off of limewire seeing as he as already payed for them. thanks.
yes it is 100% legal, they cant say anything, because u can show them the lp and tell them to go shove it up the arse

Admiral Michael said:

Yes, very true. Limewire has no spyware (thats maybe why its becoming more and more popular by the minute?)

I remember that Limewire had spyware at one time. Now it's advertised as not having any. That's good.

NLM said:
I used it if I need a single song.

Same, I know a few people that use Limeeire or the old KaZaA Lite (no spyware) to download songs AND manage there library. Obviuosly they aren't into computers as much as we are cause I couldn't stand using a P2P client for lbrary management.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back