limewire

P

painbird

does limewire contain spyware? if so what other prog would be good to get into the p2p scene?

thanks

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
don't download Limewire...more spyware and intrusive stuff than you would even imagine...I would say learn how to use bittorrent...it's not hard...and worth it cause you help people by being on it...also beware with too many p2p questions...just make sure you don't talk about anything illegal...

P

painbird

i use bittorrent a lot. i was going to try to use a p2p to find random things but maybe i should avoid it.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Bittorrent or Shareaza (eDonkey and Gnutella networks). Get rid of Limewire and scan for spyware if you've already installed it.

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
sorry to post on an old thread but my dad was wondering, if he has already bought an album on lp, is it legal to download the tracks off of limewire seeing as he as already payed for them. thanks.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Acording to the RIAA that is not legal. They don't take any excuses when downloading .. This is the reason I try to screw them anyway I can .. :)

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
The only P2P program that gave me no problems and found what I am looking for was Ares, which I used for downloading music. I have now gotten rid of it, and use Torrent programs for everything.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Admiral Michael said:
I use limewire and there's no spyware. Altho their could've been when this thread was created.
That is true, limewire don't have any spyware. It is however a resource hog. Mostly for the fact that it uses java, which is another program I hate with a passion ..

Kush

High On Life!
bobsalot said:
sorry to post on an old thread but my dad was wondering, if he has already bought an album on lp, is it legal to download the tracks off of limewire seeing as he as already payed for them. thanks.
yes it is 100% legal, they cant say anything, because u can show them the lp and tell them to go shove it up the arse

DaVo

OSNN Addict
Admiral Michael said:
I use limewire and there's no spyware. Altho their could've been when this thread was created.
Yes, very true. Limewire has no spyware (thats maybe why its becoming more and more popular by the minute?)

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I remember that Limewire had spyware at one time. Now it's advertised as not having any. That's good.

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
NLM said:
I used it if I need a single song.
Same, I know a few people that use Limeeire or the old KaZaA Lite (no spyware) to download songs AND manage there library. Obviuosly they aren't into computers as much as we are cause I couldn't stand using a P2P client for lbrary management.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetHip