KCleaner : easy and automatic System Cleaner

Some things that you should not clean by default or never clean. This comes from my PC Cleanup article.

• The Memory Dumps cleaning option will remove any memory dumps that are generated when a program crashes on your computer. Many technicians can use these memory dumps to tell you exactly what caused the crash. These memory dumps are also sent to a crash analysis center at Microsoft when you use the Error Reporting feature. Reporting these errors and sending the crash dumps help all users because hotfixes are often issued to fix the very problem that made the program crash.

• The Windows Log Files cleaning option will also remove another memory dump file called user.dmp that is generally placed in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\. This is also useful for technicians to help diagnose errors that cause programs to crash, similar to the Memory Dumps above. In addition, this cleaning option will also remove log files from both program installations and Windows Updates. A user or technician can refer to these generated logs to determine the source of the installation problem if a problem occurs.

• The Old Prefetch Data cleaning option will decrease your system performance. The impact that cleaning/deleting the prefetch data has on your system is well documented by technicians and Microsoft staff. Prefetch is designed to allow your applications to load faster.

• The Hotfix Uninstallers cleaning option will remove every hotfix uninstaller. This is a bad option for CCleaner to have. If you have this option checked and you remove your hotfix uninstallers, should you ever have an issue with an update (hotfix) from Microsoft, you would not be able to uninstall the problematic hotfix. This could potentially result in your system being crippled.
In fact, the Hotfix Uninstaller cleaner caused a lot of problems relating to IE7, SP3's preview downloads (the betas and RCs), and other Microsoft preview programs.

I hope this helps, Kyle.

Would you please export the list of remaining files from CCleaner and send it to me ? I can't see full path on your screenshot.

Thanks for your help !

you'll have to sign an NDA agreement first! :D

i'll sort it out later tonight after another hard days work on the pc :)

after doing another run using your software it cleaned out 76meg - thank you itunes update :/ then i ran ccleaner, and to my surprise there was only 15K of difference, now the only thing i have done different today is that i have not used Poser 7 (3d rendering program) which does make temp folders to store textures and stuff just before it renders, so it might be that your tool is not touching those files/folders within the temp directory.

I will see if i have some time tomorrow to make a few scenes up and do a few test renders and see if indeed that is what the issue is :)

yeah, as turan said. There are a lot of things that these programs remove and will hurt your system more than it will help it. Which is why before you delete anything you should A: Look through it, and B: Back it up ! ,,,

after doing another run using your software it cleaned out 76meg - thank you itunes update :/ then i ran ccleaner, and to my surprise there was only 15K of difference, now the only thing i have done different today is that i have not used Poser 7 (3d rendering program) which does make temp folders to store textures and stuff just before it renders, so it might be that your tool is not touching those files/folders within the temp directory.

I will see if i have some time tomorrow to make a few scenes up and do a few test renders and see if indeed that is what the issue is :)

Would you please send me the list of files found by CCleaner for this software so that i can add them tomy detection routine ?

as i stated above as soon as i find some time to do some renders i will, - but looks like i might be bit busy today, have to set up brothers pc, then im out for the afternoon with a few friends at the pub :p if im not too drunk i will see if i can work with poser later :)

as i stated above as soon as i find some time to do some renders i will, - but looks like i might be bit busy today, have to set up brothers pc, then im out for the afternoon with a few friends at the pub :p if im not too drunk i will see if i can work with poser later :)

Lol, take your time mate !

Some things that you should not clean by default or never clean. This comes from my PC Cleanup article.

• The Memory Dumps cleaning option will remove any memory dumps that are generated when a program crashes on your computer. Many technicians can use these memory dumps to tell you exactly what caused the crash. These memory dumps are also sent to a crash analysis center at Microsoft when you use the Error Reporting feature. Reporting these errors and sending the crash dumps help all users because hotfixes are often issued to fix the very problem that made the program crash.

• The Windows Log Files cleaning option will also remove another memory dump file called user.dmp that is generally placed in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\. This is also useful for technicians to help diagnose errors that cause programs to crash, similar to the Memory Dumps above. In addition, this cleaning option will also remove log files from both program installations and Windows Updates. A user or technician can refer to these generated logs to determine the source of the installation problem if a problem occurs.

• The Old Prefetch Data cleaning option will decrease your system performance. The impact that cleaning/deleting the prefetch data has on your system is well documented by technicians and Microsoft staff. Prefetch is designed to allow your applications to load faster.

• The Hotfix Uninstallers cleaning option will remove every hotfix uninstaller. This is a bad option for CCleaner to have. If you have this option checked and you remove your hotfix uninstallers, should you ever have an issue with an update (hotfix) from Microsoft, you would not be able to uninstall the problematic hotfix. This could potentially result in your system being crippled.
In fact, the Hotfix Uninstaller cleaner caused a lot of problems relating to IE7, SP3's preview downloads (the betas and RCs), and other Microsoft preview programs.

I hope this helps, Kyle.

Thanks. I'll make "profiles" in KCleaner :
- Efficiency : All set on
- Safety
- Custom

i have deleted all of that in the past and never had an issue, as to the hotfix uninstallers yes i would be careful on those but then again you shouldn't install hotfixes as they arent final patches just a quick fix

Well the hotfix installers are also put there by installing Windows Updates every Patch Tuesday. And there are rare cases where even those can have something go wrong.

CCleaner gives you the option to enable and disable prefetch ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back