• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KCleaner : easy and automatic System Cleaner

trackrat

Birmingham UK
I have just tried it and it seems to do its job well.
I would not use it though as there is no backup option, in case it deletes something it should not.
A lot of people use CCleaner which does the same job and also includes a registry cleaner.
Plus there was no uninstaller in the programs list.

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I have to agree with trackrat. CCleaner seems to be the king when it comes to the vast amount of similar software out there. I do applaude your efforts, :)

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Well if you could post it's memory footprint vs CCleaner's it would help. And as trackrat has pointed out and since your proggy is still in Beta, it would be a plus to have a backup/undelete option for those unforeseen booboos. :)

Oh, and an uninstall feature, so we don't have to go digging through the entire Registry to remove all remnants of the program.

Kyle_Katarn

OSNN Senior Addict
Uninstaller is included.

Concerning Memory footprint, current status is :
CCleaner 2.10 : 4.5Mb
KCleaner 0.1 : 1.2Mb

The reason for me to make this program is essentially the automatic mode which autocleans the system every X hours so that I don't have to care about.

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
The reason for me to make this program is essentially the automatic mode which autocleans the system every X hours so that I don't have to care about.
temporary files are the real reason a hardrive gets fragmented, if you can automate the deletion of those files and the user understands which temp files are being deleted, that's a pretty good program for keeping your hardrive more contiguous

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
I like crap cleaner. Mostly because I am institutionalized to it ...

And not to be absurd: But, it looks like what you are doing is taking things from popular apps and adding them to your own. Kcleaner - The same analyze and such mode as Ccleaner. Obviously a ploy off of it ...

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
I like crap cleaner. Mostly because I am institutionalized to it ...

And not to be absurd: But, it looks like what you are doing is taking things from popular apps and adding them to your own. Kcleaner - The same analyze and such mode as Ccleaner. Obviously a ploy off of it ...
he just wants to automate the process johnny, that's a good idea...does cc have an automatic feature?

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
he just wants to automate the process johnny, that's a good idea...does cc have an automatic feature?
No it doesn't, perris. But to be fair he could have said something like: "I took an idea from so and so program and made my own twist to it and added something that I thought would be usefull". But instead, the posts and self promotions are being made out like it is something that only he came up with ... Not to bust on Kyle or anything. But the only time he post or is here is to plug his own stuff. Which is a blatent rip off other programs lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies