• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

iPod AV.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Apparently these shots are world exclusive's by Mac Shrine revealing the new iPod, the "iPod AV", which is posed to either be released on April 1st, or not... good odds really :)

Attachments

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
it kinda does look extremely faked. why on earth would they have the click wheel (or a touch-screen-ified version) over the entire screen? think that would get annoying fast, plus who would want to smudge their screen THAT badly just to use the wheel?

and that third pic just seems out of place.....

p.s. is there even technology out yet to make a touch screen fully functional in THAT small of a package, plus have all the other stuff required to have the iPod functional?

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
ElementalDragon said:
it kinda does look extremely faked. why on earth would they have the click wheel (or a touch-screen-ified version) over the entire screen? think that would get annoying fast, plus who would want to smudge their screen THAT badly just to use the wheel?

and that third pic just seems out of place.....

p.s. is there even technology out yet to make a touch screen fully functional in THAT small of a package, plus have all the other stuff required to have the iPod functional?
True, it would get really smudged up. But it's a good compromise, if its real. This way Apple can create a larger screen and still keep the world famous iPod shape. And yeah, I'd love to smudge that screen :p

P.S. They can get the technology to work. I have a similar sized Palm that has pretty much the same screen size. It's nothing revolutionary.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
At least his fingernails are clean, maybe his lover (man/woman) likes to be scratched :eek:

The link in speedy's post no longer works

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Yeah, saw on Tech Now (a local tech show on TV) yesterday (Saturday) that this was all a photoshop production. It was the tech shows web site of the day at the end of the show. :D

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Ummm, nooooo. It was of mac shrine. I know which one you are talkin about but they even showed a small bit of the guy photoshopping it while the screen was being extended. And when it was cleaned up. Just so ya know, here is the video. Linked from NBC11 dot com (Tech Now's site of the week), to zatznotfunny dot com, to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPNgzz870F4

mfarley

OSNN Senior Addict
I love my 3rd gen iPod, been going strong for a couple years now and easily the best gadget I've ever purchased. No color screen, but I use it when I'm hiking or traveling so I'm not really looking at the screen anyways.

True I use mine mainly for the walk to uni each day. But I wouldnt mind being able to easily watch films and such on the train every now and then ;)
Not that I can't do that with my laptop, but it would just look slicker :p

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
nothing wrong with it. but what if those powers were harnesed for good! we could end hunger over night! ... well ok not really, but we'd get some cool art....

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown