HL2 Source Leak

That's about the source code leak this is about the game two different leaks understand?

Yes I understand, but they are on the same subject so it makes sense to just include the discussion in one thread. Theres no point at all in littering the forum with x amount of posts about the same thing.

Wow! well I guess no need to continue crying over spilled milk. It will be HL2 vs Doom3 next year. So what about those ATI xt pack ins. I guess its a no no now huh.

You're forgetting Quake 4, and UT2004 *runs away* :p

Ah yes Speedy Quake 4. Unreal I really dont care for. this version anyway. *Runs after Speedy with the chef and some meatballs*:p

uh huh....

ut2004 is gonna be like tribes 2 with better graphics and that guy that says "Headshot!" and "Godlike!"

Haven't read all this thread but...I wouldn't be suprised if this is Valve's way of hiding the fact that the game was incomplete and wasn't going to be released on time.

So many delays and missed release dates..instead of missing another one (Septermber was it?) why not blame some evil hacker and use that as an excuse to put it back 5 more months!? They dont get the blame and have more time to work on the game.

I mean come on...what EXACTLY is stopping them releasing it this year? Why not release it sooner rather than later so that the so called hackers dont have time to compile whatever the stole and release it on the net.

Who the hell is stooopid enough to leave such vital data on a PC connected to the net!?! Oh so convinient huh.

As you said, you haven't read the entire thread.. So I won't slap you this time :p

But it has been compiled and leaked. There are basically two leaks. The source (enabling cheats and other hacks etc, which have already started being developed..apparently) and a fully playable game, it hasn't been confirmed what the game is yet, ie if its compiled from stolen files, or if it was seperately stolen in an already compiled form..etc.

the shame the shame!! :eek:

I'll be sure to read everything before posting in future! :rolleyes:

its rumoured to be the E3 tech demo from this past March.. would in theory make it 6 months older than the source that was stolen

but wouldnt the demo be based on the source code, if not only parts of it?

I'm sure it's rumoured to be a lot of things :)

The guy who posted the confirmation of a game leak on hl2.net says it's a collective of stolen code and resources bought together and compiled.
It's not a beta as such, it's the source compiled with resources, put together by people who had both the resources and the know-how. I called it a pre-release for a reason, instead of labeling it an alpha or beta.

ah, but compiled by who? i know it says by people who had the resources and know-how, so doesnt that limit the amount of people who could have compiled it? could it be some1 from inside Valve??

Anyone with a copy of C++ could compile the .exe, and then anyone with the graphics and other content could add that to the installer..

the software is pretty standard stuff

[edit] chris beat me to it :D

many people have been compiling the source, even some people I know.
It just takes a bit of programming knowledge, all that was needed was someone with the resource files (textures, audio, etc) then add that into the compile and it should of been pretty easy to get working.

I thought about compiling it, then I realised I really couldnt be bothered. Leave that up to others who want to try it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back