HL2 Source Leak

it would be really interesting to see who is behind this hack. I think its more than one person, maybe a whole group like in the classic movie "Hackers". Valve got DoSed for almost a month, and since they didnt do anything to improve security, the lead hacker just waltzed right in and took everything.

I don't think you can. I believe he is saying that because it shows how Valve did nothing to improve security, and eventually got ****ed.

I've had it since ANON released it. Kind of cool but nothing too spectacular. You get to see how demanding the game engine is though.
Curious to know who ANON is?
and this...posted by Link84
its not even a beta jack ass its an alpha its missing a bunch of **** like ai and the miles sound system the character movements. its missing stuff. Its the levels (ie city 17 or the coast) from the e3 demo. It missing textures and you get stuck on walls/ uneven terrain. but its fun as hell driving the buggy is great.

the jetski just sucks cant run it in the wide open levels but the coast levels are just stunning

Now this really sucks. They have destroyed my whole moment in one damn post. Is this guy lying or what?

well they guy is right, its very incomplete and not much there. Incomplete levels, very few monsters, everything is buggy, some weapons don't have a proper listing in the HUD, etc... and the list could go on. If it is everything valve has done we will be very lucky to see it released in April. If they have been working for 5 years on this they must only work 15 minute work days.

(edit: spelling)

Half Life 2 looks sweet, can't wait till its finally officially released! :D

There was a movie a few years ago. Dustin Hoffman, Sean Connery and some kid who's name I forget. They were a 3 generation family of crooks hired to steal some genetically engineered crop product, the development notebooks and the samples.

They got caught and when the cops told them it would go easier on them if they cooperated they returned the stuff. Turned out to be colored water and faked design notes and test results so they threw the book at them.

Being pissed off Sean had a few words with the guy who hired them. The guy admitted that the new product didn't work and the reports were all faked so they staged the theft to buy time from their investors while they frantically tried to actually make a working product.

I keep thinking about this movie every time I see a HL2 hack story and think about the 9 month release date delay that it supposedly caused...

Aren't the team at Valve supposed to be software professionals?

Isn't system security a basic part of software development?

^^ what a very interesting comparison... and an even better point. I dont want to simply say that Valve wimped out and pulled some crazy mission-impossible plot, with all of the code popping up and all

but you can't help wondering...

They just added a new steam update with "trickling"
so you can download hl2, cz when they are available in preparationfor their release.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back