help dram timings?

it still restarts sometimes. i think the mobo is damaged. can it fry my cpu if it keeps restarting?

Never say never.

It depends on what is damaged. If it's a voltage regulator then it could damage the CPU. Most times it is in the north/south bridge chips, a pci card, video card or in the RAM which would not damage the CPU.

Have you turned off "restart after failure" so you actually get to see the fault data windows displays? It will poin to the source of the fault. There is also a windows fault log file stored on the HD somewhere. Search the other posts there are several with good desriptions of how to get the failure data. Then post the data and one of the fault log guru's will intepret it for you.

well i removed my asus pci usb 2.0 card and it worked for a couple of mins until i tried to put my usb flash disk in my on board usb 2.0. then it restarted when i tried to access the drive? can it be all the usbs?

ok i took out my network card too now. lets see. btw thanks alot for your help leejand

didnt help
so i disconnected the game controller thingy and also tried cleaning the ram and also moved it to another slot god damn this pisses me off. i wanna upgrade my firmware and i dont wanna BLEEEP my drive up.

yo guys i got the new motherboard and it turns on and im installing win xp still in the blue dos part and it just turns of and starts making a sound like an ambulance kind of. i think maybe its my ram? nanya 512 333mhz and btw my psu is 480w am i suppose to hook up both the large power connector and the small one?

yo i moved the ram from dimm 3 to dimm 1 and it took a lil more time but did the same thing

ok i did that but what about the siren problem, i read around and most of the time its ram i think. so what should i do try someone elses ram?

i found this on another forum but i am not overclocking. and i havent played with the ram timings or anything. what should the ramtiming settings be?

A two-tone siren(like an ambulance) - This is caused by "overclocking" the voltages to a setting that the system cannot support. Please press insert and the reset button to reboot back to factory settings. This is also caused by overheating, and if this is the case, allow suitable ventilation for the system.

hmm the last time i got a siren noise it was because a fan was not spinning.
Things to check you have your cpu fan pluged into the cpu header part, and the cpu fan has a speed detector wire (yellow wire). also check all the other fans plugged into the board are spinning

yup it think it was the cpu temp cuz i reapplyed the thermal paste and it hasnt done it yet! inshallah nothing more will get in my way. abit nf7-s revision 2.0 newest bois

ahhh it might have cpu protection like my asus a7n board has got as when i fitted my latest heasink my thermal probe got in the way and it did not sit right (though i did not know this) and after a few seconds it turned off. Moved the thermal probe and worked like a dream glad you have fixed it :)

ok im installing xp and nothing so far. i think problem resolved. thanks for your help guys greatly apprechated. ive been waiting since the end of last summer to get it up and running

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back