HD Drive

So one final check. This is basically what I should have....

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how that would be a problem?

I really can't see the original image well enough but it appears that a faceplate totally covers the drive so it's hidden in the case other than the drawer. The location of the button is important so it lines up with the button on the case for the HTPC.

Oh that would make sense, I dont like cases with covers, my old CoolerMaster one was like that, I actually removed the front of it.

That should work, yes. You have your option of 3 audio streams and the full resolution video.

So I finished muxing and ripping to .iso. Plays fine, though I am not sure if it's 100% quality, but I have problems telling sometimes lol. Went from 35.6GB to 20.4GB, so still large but better. Now all I need is a monitor that actually does 1920x1080, cause these movies will look 100% amazing.

So I finished muxing and ripping to .iso. Plays fine, though I am not sure if it's 100% quality, but I have problems telling sometimes lol. Went from 35.6GB to 20.4GB, so still large but better. Now all I need is a monitor that actually does 1920x1080, cause these movies will look 100% amazing.

If you only kept one of those audio streams (ie AC3) and removed True HD and E-AC3 (DD+) then the size would drop further. :)

You need to experiment and see which sounds best to you on your system with your setup. :)

My current monitor is a 22" Samsung so I only actually get to 1680 x 1050. It looks great for me. I played BluRays on my system with a small 15" or 17" Dell LCD monitor that dates back to like 2002 a couple months ago and even then the quality difference with BluRay is clearly obvious.

Oh I have a 21" Samsung (love there monitors) and use that resolution, the picture looks good but I hate having large bars at the top and bottom.

Oh I have a 21" Samsung (love there monitors) and use that resolution, the picture looks good but I hate having large bars at the top and bottom.

That's a widescreen resolution, of course.

I'm using the Samsung SyncMaster 2232GW via DVI from my ATI Radeon HD 4870. It looks beautiful using my NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, as well. I have nothing bad to say about it. I got a nice warranty on it, too. I could basically smash it with a baseball bat and I can get a new one if it's within the first 3 years.

Samsung makes some beautiful monitors.

Bman: well... that's the way they are. not like you're missing anything. you're actually seeing more by having it letterboxed. You're actually watching the movie in the same, or relatively the same format that it was recorded in.

rotjong: yeah.... Gateway makes some beautiful monitors too.

rotjong: yeah.... Gateway makes some beautiful monitors too.

Dell used to have nice ones. I haven't actually used any in a long time now. I miss my old 21" Trinitron Dell branded monitor. I don't miss carrying the thing up and down flights of stairs though. That was brutal!

I was wrong on my warranty, too. I have 4 years to ruin it and get a new one for free. I have until 2012. :p I'm good to go.

I want a Samsung 30" but most 30" aren't worth the price right now so I should be picking up a 27" which I am pretty sure does 1920x1080.

Pretty much all the 24"+ monitors that I have seen lately are 1920 x 1080. The Samsungs definitely.

When I got my 22" Samsung I got it because the jump between 22" and 24" was substantial price-wise. For now 22" is just fine. I might upgrade next year.

A few other things might end up using the money I'd spend on a new monitor, though.

rotjong: actually, i believe ALL 24" monitors can handle 1920x1080.... seeing as starting at 24", the native resolution is 1920x1200. Only step up from that which i know of is 30", which i think is some insane thing like 2560x1600.

I really can't see the original image well enough but it appears that a faceplate totally covers the drive so it's hidden in the case other than the drawer. The location of the button is important so it lines up with the button on the case for the HTPC.

Your right, there. I will post some actual pictures from my set-up later :)

Please see some better pictures attached, Also is an opportunity to show of my shiny new TV we got yesterday, bit of an upgrade from an old 25" square crt :D

More details of the case can be found on the Zalman website

Attachments

• CIMG1424.jpg
    CIMG1424.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 147
  • CIMG1427.jpg
    CIMG1427.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 136
By the looks of it, it's a circle button that needs to push through, which is that is the case then the GGC-H20L would be a problem.

By the looks of it, it's a circle button that needs to push through, which is that is the case then the GGC-H20L would be a problem.

Found someone who had both on errr another forum apparently they work fine :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back