Great FREE book!

Originally posted by Kermit
Veronica its a .pdf it opens with adobe acrobat reader

www.adobe.com its free
i previously had adobe acrobat reader 5.0, then i upgraded to adobe reader 6.0, then deleted adobe acrobat reader 5.0 because i thought it it was an old version.

adobe acrobat standard, you have to pay for. any solutions???

thanks

me veronica again.

i did system restore and got adobe acrobat reader 5.0 again. when i tried to open 14thedition.pdf with adobe acrobat reader 5.0 it said error, the file is messed up. is it the 14thedition.pdf or adobe acrobat reader 5.0???

when i tried to open the 14thedition.pdf with adobe reader 6.0 it did not work. any sugestions???

Originally posted by veronica
me veronica again.

i did system restore and got adobe acrobat reader 5.0 again. when i tried to open 14thedition.pdf with adobe acrobat reader 5.0 it said error, the file is messed up. is it the 14thedition.pdf or adobe acrobat reader 5.0???

when i tried to open the 14thedition.pdf with adobe reader 6.0 it did not work. any sugestions???
the file might be corrupt. in which case, you'll need to download it again.

Sweet Book!

Best way to print this, is go to work and have your Ikon Copier Print and book it its self... well.. that is if your work has one of these :p Or just barrow their laserprinter ;) Then again you can "buy" the book too. Well worth the money. Either way.. "Bump" and the new site looks good :cool:

i can only D/L the 1st 28 pages of the book. anyone else???

i can only D/L the 1st 28 pages of the book. anyone else???
look me up on AIM (sn's in my profile) and i'll send it to you.

Originally posted by taurus
look me up on AIM (sn's in my profile) and i'll send it to you.
i don't have aim. i have ms instant message though, but i don't know how to use it.

what is sn ??

could you down load the book ?? i went to the site and it looks like a book they sell.

i don't have aim. i have ms instant message though, but i don't know how to use it.

what is sn ??

could you down load the book ?? i went to the site and it looks like a book they sell.
sn = screenname, but if you don't have aim then it doesn't matter

and when they come out with a new edition for sale, they release the last edition for free. i downloaded it fine.

Originally posted by taurus
sn = screenname, but if you don't have aim then it doesn't matter

and when they come out with a new edition for sale, they release the last edition for free. i downloaded it fine.
is aim aol instant message ???

everytime i try to D/L the book, adobe reader 6.0 opens. i try to D/L it through that. then it says connection timed out. other times it says io error. anyone have a sugestion ???
thank you.

is aim aol instant message ???

everytime i try to D/L the book, adobe reader 6.0 opens. i try to D/L it through that. then it says connection timed out. other times it says io error. anyone have a sugestion ???
thank you.

Don't click on the link to open it. If you want to save a copy on your computer, RIGHT CLICK on the link and then click Save Target As. The famous Save As box comes up. Just define a location (mine was desktop). Give the file a name and then click OK. If you are on a strict time limit internet time, like me for 4 hours per session, you can use a download manager program. I used Download Accelator Plus and it is good. Just have to get used to seeing all those ads during downloading.

Originally posted by Jason Roberts
Don't click on the link to open it. If you want to save a copy on your computer, RIGHT CLICK on the link and then click Save Target As. The famous Save As box comes up. Just define a location (mine was desktop). Give the file a name and then click OK. If you are on a strict time limit internet time, like me for 4 hours per session, you can use a download manager program. I used Download Accelator Plus and it is good. Just have to get used to seeing all those ads during downloading.
i tried this. it did not work. thanks anyway.

try uninstalling adobe acrobat, delete the adobe acrobat folder, install the newest adobe acrobat reader (its free) then download the book again by highlighting the link, right click so a menu pops up, then highlight "save as...", click, then save to your hard drive. they was a long sentence :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nitris
try uninstalling adobe acrobat, delete the adobe acrobat folder, install the newest adobe acrobat reader (its free) then download the book again by highlighting the link, right click so a menu pops up, then highlight "save as...", click, then save to your hard drive. they was a long sentence :rolleyes:
adobe reader 6.0 is not acrobat. adobe acrobat reader is something different. you have to pay for adobe 'ACROBAT' reader. i got adobe acrobat reader 6.0 from kazaa and it still won't work. when i press on the link adobe reader comes up. when i click 'save as' it D/L a little then it says 'io error'.

do you think i should delete adobe reader 6.0, the free version and try 'ACROBAT' reader that i got off kazaa ???

thanks for your replys.

What can it hurt if you've saved your installs? An even if you havent, you could download em again. Anyways if it aint workin the way it is, try somethin else. :)

Originally posted by kitct
What can it hurt if you've saved your installs? An even if you havent, you could download em again. Anyways if it aint workin the way it is, try somethin else. :)
i tried everything the problem is i can't D/L all of the file [book]. it keeps saying the file [book] is damaged. i tried everything at least twice. i deleted and redownloaded everything.

thanks for all your replys.

i think the site is no longer letting people have the old book free.

Both the links still work fine.

Veronica...unless you specifically need this book perhaps it's actually more trouble than it's worth...? ')

Originally posted by Teddy
Both the links still work fine.

Veronica...unless you specifically need this book perhaps it's actually more trouble than it's worth...? ')
i was going to use it to install 2 memory sticks.

i get part of the D/L, but not all.

1 time it said my connection timed out. i'm on dail up. do you think that's part of the problem ??

thanks for replying.

That is a big file for dial up , but as was said just above do you really think you will use that book? I mean hey if youlike to read over 1500 pages of tech stuff cool. You can easily install 2 sticks of memory just by asking a few questions here we are very able to guide you through all that without a problem. :)

Originally posted by Kermit
That is a big file for dial up , but as was said just above do you really think you will use that book? I mean hey if youlike to read over 1500 pages of tech stuff cool. You can easily install 2 sticks of memory just by asking a few questions here we are very able to guide you through all that without a problem. :)
i just installed 2 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM 266MHz memory sticks. it doesn't seem any faster. it was 128 MB. how do you notice a change ??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back