Google going 2 Geee

The thing about all this space is that you will have to make sure you mail whatever you are attaching to a place that will hold. Most places, my ISP for example won't allow more than a 10meg attachment to be sent threw. I msn also, it is 2 gig.

Johnny said:
The thing about all this space is that you will have to make sure you mail whatever you are attaching to a place that will hold. Most places, my ISP for example won't allow more than a 10meg attachment to be sent threw.
I believe the idea is to get people (and people they know and email) to switch to gmail. ;)

Moose: "Hey send me those pictures"
Chicken: "Ok sending from my 1337 gmail account"
Moose: "bah! I can't recieve 10MB email attachments"
Chicken: "w00t, sent you gmail invite"
Moose: "WOW .. gmail is teh win!!!11111"

* conversation may not be what really takes place ...

You are currently using 38 MB (2%) of your 2050 MB.

Counter is still running.

Anyone want to take stabs at how many HD manufacturers will be out of stock when MSN and Yahoo take up adding more drives to their servers? :p

Well me, ohh.... You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2050 MB.

I have one message in my G-mail.

Welcome to Google's G-mail. Bla bla bla.....

I also have a few Yahoo's, my 25 MSN accounts as I have a small bussiness package from Qwest-MSN each @ 2Gb........ So in reality I *COULD* zip all the files on my computer and do a e-mail backup.

Or I could just take the one touch home again.......

Steevo said:
I have one message in my G-mail.

Welcome to Google's G-mail. Bla bla bla.....

I also have a few Yahoo's, my 25 MSN accounts as I have a small bussiness package from Qwest-MSN each @ 2Gb........ So in reality I *COULD* zip all the files on my computer and do a e-mail backup.

Or I could just take the one touch home again.......

I have 14 of those also, I know 1 account is seriously stuffed full of spam, which was it's purpose.

I am thinking of getting rid of hotmail accounts soon, especially .co.uk ones, they serve no point if I can't access from desktop for free.

I hate installing the MSN bull****z to use all the free features that MSN gives, that are essnetially worthless or filled with adware. Least my net is fast.....

ok i thought the thing was gonna stop at 2GB it's technically over 2gb now it's 2050mb

You are currently using 742 MB (36%) of your 2050 MB.

:D but not one is complaining that was just being happy about it

FishBoy said:
ok i thought the thing was gonna stop at 2GB it's technically over 2gb now it's 2050mb
Storage is an important part of email, but that doesn't mean you should have to worry about it. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we're giving everyone one more gigabyte. But why stop the party there? Our plan is to continue growing your storage beyond 2GBs by giving you more space as we are able. We know that email will only become more important in people's lives, and we want Gmail to keep up with our users and their needs. From Gmail, you can expect more.
Looks as though they will just continue to add space making it harder and harder for other email providers to keep up (if not impossible).

im a tad bit cooler than you guys
gmail said:
You are currently using 218 MB (11%) of your 2051 MB.
i get 1 more mb than you all:p

Anyone else tried Picasa (as linked from here)? I did and I was impressed! That rarely happens. :D

Gmail storage is currently rising at 1/1000 MB every 25 seconds. This means that:
  • It takes a little over 6 hours 56 minutes to increase one MB
  • Every day storage increases by 3.456 MB
  • By next April 1st, Gmail users will have about 3300 MB
  • It takes 289 days to increase 1 gigabyte
  • By the turn of the next millenium, Gmail users will have 1,257,183 MB of storage, enough to store about 100 million emails
  • Every .003125 seconds, Gmail users get one additional bit of storage, enough to store either a 1 or a 0
(Source: link)

Zedric said:
Anyone else tried Picasa (as linked from here)? I did and I was impressed! That rarely happens. :D
I haven't seen/tried that latest version but my dad was mighty impressed ( I thought it was also neat) with it though. It amused him for a bit. :)

Zedric said:
Been using it even before Google bought it over from Lifescape. Very nice app. :)

SPeedY_B said:
Gmail storage is currently rising at 1/1000 MB every 25 seconds. This means that:

• It takes a little over 6 hours 56 minutes to increase one MB
  • Every day storage increases by 3.456 MB
  • By next April 1st, Gmail users will have about 3300 MB
  • It takes 289 days to increase 1 gigabyte
  • By the turn of the next millenium, Gmail users will have 1,257,183 MB of storage, enough to store about 100 million emails
  • Every .003125 seconds, Gmail users get one additional bit of storage, enough to store either a 1 or a 0
(Source: link)

That's crazy! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back