G5 LED Mod

I saw this from #OSNN and at first I though it was semi cool (but maybe should be binary clock?)..... then I realisedwhat had been done was nothing to do with the computer clock or any hardware/sowftare internal to the G5.... they had literally simply taken a clock and taken it apart and lined up the LED's with the holes inside the case.... and given that is what this is I found it sad and not at all cool, personally. just a personal opinion - please no flaming!

But the idea's i have gotten out of this. I am gonna have to buy a huge amount of blue LED's when i get my G5 (When i do :p)

yah blue led's would be the way to go.. the red ones are just not doin it for me...

It's possible he chose red LEDs because blue LEDs require more current.

if he has a g5, I am sure he can setup a system with more current :cool:

sure as hell he ain't hurting for money...

Well, I'll bet he has a power cable running out the back. He probably didn't take the time to wire it into the PS. He never showed that part. Just like Mainframeguy said. This isn't anything to be impressed by. It would have been impressive if he wired that clock into the BIOS clock, which he did not.

Or... REALLY impressive would have been an analog clock. Of course it would only be approximate, but that would have been neat.

I think its cool, tho I dont like MAC. But I agree blue LEDs would have been better.

Granted blue LED's would of been cooler, but they also cost a **** load more (At least over here they do, not sure about else where).

I really don't think the idea was to be clever/genius and hook the clock up to the bios, it's just something new and inventive.

heeheehee that looks pretty cool, but i would never grafitti my G5 like that. Its beautiful as it is already thankyou :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back