G5 LED Mod

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I saw this from #OSNN and at first I though it was semi cool (but maybe should be binary clock?)..... then I realisedwhat had been done was nothing to do with the computer clock or any hardware/sowftare internal to the G5.... they had literally simply taken a clock and taken it apart and lined up the LED's with the holes inside the case.... and given that is what this is I found it sad and not at all cool, personally. just a personal opinion - please no flaming!

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
yah blue led's would be the way to go.. the red ones are just not doin it for me...

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
if he has a g5, I am sure he can setup a system with more current :cool:

sure as hell he ain't hurting for money...

Un4gIvEn1

OSNN Veteran Addict
Well, I'll bet he has a power cable running out the back. He probably didn't take the time to wire it into the PS. He never showed that part. Just like Mainframeguy said. This isn't anything to be impressed by. It would have been impressive if he wired that clock into the BIOS clock, which he did not.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Granted blue LED's would of been cooler, but they also cost a **** load more (At least over here they do, not sure about else where).

I really don't think the idea was to be clever/genius and hook the clock up to the bios, it's just something new and inventive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut