free Linux kit from Novell SuSe

Just ordered mine. Might use it in a test environment until I get used to it. If I like it, I may replace my Mandrake systems with it (kind of tired of them).

Nice! I have been interested in installing a dual-boot Windows XP / Linux system, and I was interested in checking out SuSE Linux. What perfect timing! :)

Melon

dreamliner77 said:
Just hope this doesn't turn into the free symantec deal a while back.

I still got the letter they sent to everybody :p

ordered myself

when you windows guys get it going, start a step by step thread on how you got is up...I'll use your guide when I get mine

well, this will be fast won't it...they're not wasting any time;

perris calderon,

Thank you for ordering the Linux Technical Resource Kit from the Novell Customer Communities. Your order has been received, and will ship within the next 7-10 business days.

This comprehensive Novell Linux collection includes the following on 3 DVDs (10 GB):

- SUSE Linux Professional 9.1 (Bootable Installation DVD)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 (ISO Installation Images)
- SUSE Linux Professional 8.2 (Installation ISO images for use with Ximiam Desktop)
- Ximian Desktop 2.0 Evaluation (ISO Image)
- Red Carpet 2.0.2 Evaluation (ISO Image)
- GroupWise for Linux 6.5.1 - Server, Client & Messenger (ISO Images)
- Novell Nterprise Linux Services 1.0 (ISO Image & NLS Companion CD)

ya, i got that email to :d. Can't wait to get it :):):). Maybe this will abolish the phrase, "theres no such thing as a free lunch" if I get it.

perris said:
ordered myself

when you windows guys get it going, start a step by step thread on how you got is up...I'll use your guide when I get mine

c'mon perris, if you try and fail, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.

there's the rub dreamliner...how could I show my face when I mess up...I'm gonna have to register under a differant user name with a proxy to hide my ip so no one knows me just to get up and running again

NetRyder said:
Saw this sometime ago on another forum.
Just to let you know, it's a working deal. I got my copy 3 days ago...it's a set of 3 DVDs. :)

How long does it take to come through ?

Bytes Back said:
How long does it take to come through ?

I think I received mine about 15 days or so after I ordered it.
smile.gif

Just got mine today :D
Ordered a while ago...I was starting to give up hope on it!

perris said:
well, this will be fast won't it...they're not wasting any time;

perris calderon,

Thank you for ordering the Linux Technical Resource Kit from the Novell Customer Communities. Your order has been received, and will ship within the next 7-10 business days.

This comprehensive Novell Linux collection includes the following on 3 DVDs (10 GB):

- SUSE Linux Professional 9.1 (Bootable Installation DVD)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 (ISO Installation Images)
- SUSE Linux Professional 8.2 (Installation ISO images for use with Ximiam Desktop)
- Ximian Desktop 2.0 Evaluation (ISO Image)
- Red Carpet 2.0.2 Evaluation (ISO Image)
- GroupWise for Linux 6.5.1 - Server, Client & Messenger (ISO Images)
- Novell Nterprise Linux Services 1.0 (ISO Image & NLS Companion CD)

I got the same email....OHHH BOYYYY am I happy :D

I just wanted to let you know that the free Tech resource kit you have
ordered has been shipped and you should be receiving it soon.

Scott Carlson
Novell Customer Communities

Heads up :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back