Free Download Manager 2.5 - Great (Free) Download manager!!!

pimpindexter

Matrix Operator
Political Access
fdmlogo.gif

Download: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm

It easlly manages any downloads, and it even downloads Torrent (i perfer bitcomment) but give it a try. Download big files faster with this tool.

Best part its free....

not sure.. Its called FDM for sort... and its Free download manager.. There are many Download Managers

DAP= Download Accelerator Plus. Free version is adware, has dubious and almost nonexistent privacy policy and EULA until people complained. Don't like it.
FDM= Free Download Manager. Don't like it. It doesn't handle multiple connections and resume support where it's allowed.
Personally I found Internet Download Manager the best. Trial was pretty good.

I don't really believe in using accelerators though. And FlashGet reminds me of FlashGot which I'm certain was infected wth Cydoor...
Unless the server is slow and you don't have dial-up they don't do much.

I don't really believe in using accelerators though. And FlashGet reminds me of FlashGot which I'm certain was infected wth Cydoor...
I happen to agree however the cue feature of some programs is priceless

I can set up hundreds of downloads and set the downloader to download one at a time

with this method you don't have to wait for anything to finnish before you click the next download, for me this is invaluable

I happen to agree however the cue feature of some programs is priceless

I can set up hundreds of downloads and set the downloader to download one at a time

with this method you don't have to wait for anything to finnish before you click the next download, for me this is invaluable

That is indeed invaluable. However, it's not useful if the url changes like for filehosting.

Oh, you mean queue!? I was thinking, now why would you handle an .ISO/.CUE file set with a download manager? :laugh:

I still stick with GetRight, although I don't use it's built-in torrent handling. uTorrent is what I prefer for that.

That is indeed invaluable. However, it's not useful if the url changes like for filehosting.
the program tells me which downloads fail, there is a time out and a number of tries which can be raised or lowered according to your needs

I allow three tries and only 5 seconds between tries, if a download fails I'll get it manually

the program tells me which downloads fail, there is a time out and a number of tries which can be raised or lowered according to your needs

I allow three tries and only 5 seconds between tries, if a download fails I'll get it manually

I agree that the retry thing is indeed useful.
But that kinda makes you lose more time if you fail and then decide to get it manually ;D

I still stick with GetRight, although I don't use it's built-in torrent handling. uTorrent is what I prefer for that.
I have licenses for Getright and Reget. In my opinion, Reget beats Getright hands down. One thing I like about Reget over Getright is the exe does not have to be running in the systray to snag downloads like Getright does. Getright has these options but they have never worked correctly (at least for me). I have complained to the author of Getright many times about this but it never gets fixed.

BUT - This thread was about freeware so I will now go.

Flashget is the best. Flashgot is the plugin for Firefox to use Flashget. You will find that a lot of download managers are using the same gui as flashget, as it around the longest .. I like using it with my connection, I ave broadband. The resume feature and sorting of downloads is the best things. You don't have to guid to a folder every time you want to download something ...

Dap is free with adware, when you purchase it you have to buy a monthly subscription to use the resume feature.

Personally, I can't wait for Flashget 2.0 to come out in english, it looks like it is going to be a good one ..

A lot has happened, strange that I'm using FlashGet now too XD
I actually got the original Chinese version. Then I realized the computer won't show the characters correctly so I downloaded the English version.
I agree that it's better than FDM... FDM has a lot of flaws that I didn't see up until a while ago. Lots of sites don't get multiple connections or resume support that FlashGet supports. Hmph...
I'd wonder if they allow user translations, I'd be happy to translate the Chinese 2.0 into English :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back