• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Free and Safe Update Checker

SkyFuser

Techtard in Training
Political User
Used this since it came out, it's from FileHippo. It checks your current version of common software like AV, ASW, Internet browsers, etc., and sees if their server has a new version. Available has standalone and installation.
If newer versions suck, they have older versions.
Completely safe, even offers beta software.
Highly recommend :)
http://filehippo.com/updatechecker/

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I have been using it since it came out, love it. I guess if you use Filehippo like I do its perfect!

SkyFuser

Techtard in Training
Political User
Yep it's good alright :D. Only wished they had more software. FileForum is more comprehensive but you need an account to get their update emails. Wish they had an update checker too.

Bigstie

OSNN Junior Addict
The Update Checker from FileHippo has one big limitation - it just shows updates for the software one has installed and matches their database too.
So if it happens to have an extra app that they don't offer for download ...bummer!!:crosseyed:

SkyFuser

Techtard in Training
Political User
Yep, that's the bad thing. But for those applications, you can go on FileForum nd sign up for email notifications. It's very easy and I've never had any problems with it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies