[Finished] OSNN & HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OSNN HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway Now Happening!

As long as you can still submit answers using the form then the competition is still going.

It will end at some point today however and the winner will be chosen.

Hey EP did you get my answers which i submitted yesterday?

Winner announcement coming soon :D

Really? :eek:

(Drum rolls)

Last edited by a moderator:

Omg!!!!! :(:(:(

Im sorry to hear that dude...

This is stupid. They have a "Buy this Photo" option under such a tragic photo. :mad:
:( My condolences to you. Was it the car or the minivan?

My condolences to you

From what we can read 6 people died that were in the minivan..

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

The competition is now closed and I am working out some stuff and will post an update shortly.

So today is the day we announce who has won OSNN competition for fully loaded HP HDX computer.

The competition is now closed and no more entrees can or will be accepted.

Firstly thanks to those of you that entered and tried or have become members of the OSNN community. We hope you have managed to look past the incentive to join and have found a new home on the internet.
Here is a run down of the questions and answers:

What operating system does the OSNN server use?

There are a few ways you could have checked this. The obvious answer would be Windows but this is not the case! Firstly this forum section details updates to FreeBSD by the server admin X-istence. Others used web-sniffer.net to determine this answer.

What name did OSNN/NTFS originally have when it started?

The site originally had the name XP-erience but we lost that to the web hosts when they demanded money from the owner Waddy. Sadly I don' know the exact details of the argument but ultimately we picked a new domain name and a new CMS called Virtuanews which we still currently use. Waddy then decided he didn't want to be a part of the site anymore so I took over paying for the hosting. Sadly he decided he would not let us have the domain name so the team came up with OSNN.net. Since then the NTFS domain has been used for Waddy's crap businesses and more recently for distributing Windows hacks and cracks (nice!).

Which operating system was originally the site’s main focus?

A more obvious answer that some people thought was too obvious. But no, this was never a hard quiz. The answer is Windows XP

What date was the first news post made on the front page?

Lots of different answers for this one, but it was as easy as looking at http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=1 to get a date variant of the 3rd September 2002.

What Microsoft community is OSNN a member of?

OSNN is a featured community as part of the Windows XP Expert Zone. Obviously we are more Vista orientated these days but we don't have the updated graphics yet. We still like XP though! You can viw the full list here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/related/default.mspx

When is the Electronic Punk’s birthday?

I guess there were lots of ways you could have checked this, but browsing to http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?u=1 will show you that my birthday is on the 24th August. The same day Windows 95 started going on sale and Windows Vista reached the RTM milestone. Lovely.

In total there were 76 entries and of those 52 had the correct answers. A little later today I will randomly select an entry and then determine if they made the effort to become a good member of our community.

Those that fail this second test won't be notified as I feel that would be a little like buying a winning lottery ticket and then putting it through a washing machine.

Stay tuned!

OMG all my answers are right ......:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back