[Finished] OSNN & HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OSNN HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway Now Happening!

yeah, I got it.

Daaaaaaaamn, a blast from the past. How have ya been?

Not bad dude, nice to see some of the same awesome faces on here :) Somehow 3 years of university have flown by, and my IQ's dropped by about 70 since I last properly checked this place out, so I may lurk a bit before posting again, unless of course the funny picture thread of the really long thread needs a good spamming.

Screw the laptop, I'm just going to loiter

How's ye Mr. Gonaads? :p

the funny picture thread (and the really long thread) could always use some spam :)

Not bad dude, nice to see some of the same awesome faces on here :) Somehow 3 years of university have flown by, and my IQ's dropped by about 70 since I last properly checked this place out, so I may lurk a bit before posting again, unless of course the funny picture thread of the really long thread needs a good spamming.

Screw the laptop, I'm just going to loiter

How's ye Mr. Gonaads? :p

Not bad here with me. Could have more money for bills and things but George W won't return any of my flaming calls. Good to see you back. :D

Unit arrived today so I had a quick play.
No software has arrived yet so all I have is what came in the box.

omg , just saw some of the photo ~ this 20.1" Dragon is really big + awesome :devious:

good luck to myself + everyone out there on this planet too ~

p/s : still working hard + searching some of the answer T_T

not that I expect to win anything
but how can I help the forum

Is question 4 referring to the OSNN homepage, or to the "obsolete/original OSNN" homepage?

Damn! That thing is bigger than her. :p

Basically this thing could/would take the place of your PC at home, cause if you think you can lug this thing around you are gonna need a suitcase. And no a briefcase isn't big enough.

Watch the video on this page to really get a feel for this machine and it's features.

http://www.notebooks.com/2007/05/08/the-dragon-hp-pavilion-hdx-20-inch-notebook-announced/

Also read the page as to it's specs and all other nice goodies. The remote and where it is stored is cool.

Wow. :eek:

Now my only question as to the specs of this machine is as to the HD DVD Drive. Is it an HD Drive or a Blu-Ray HD Drive? Since HD DVD Drives are basically paper weights these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://mobilitysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/panera1-thumb.jpg
http://mobilitysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/panera2-thumb.jpg
http://mobilitysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/steve-thumb.jpg

i've visited many sites and one of it name the awesome entertainment notebook as ' ultimate portable desktop ' as you can see the monster took out 80% of the coffee table o.0

anw , if i win this beauty ... will use it as desktop and only carry out while on duty for few days as my job need to travel a lot .

http://mobilitysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/panera1-thumb.jpg
http://mobilitysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/panera2-thumb.jpg
http://mobilitysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/steve-thumb.jpg

i've visited many sites and one of it name the awesome entertainment notebook as ' ultimate portable desktop ' as you can see the monster took out 80% of the coffee table o.0

anw , if i win this beauty ... will use it as desktop and only carry out while on duty for few days as my job need to travel a lot .

Heh, and everyone else with a laptop in that place was either drooling over it or wondering how they could steal it. :p

Now my only question as to the specs of this machine is as to the HD DVD Drive. Is it an HD Drive or a Blu-Ray HD Drive? Since HD DVD Drives are basically paper weights these days.

i only know that this ' ultimate portable desktop ' weight around 15.5 lbs or around 7 Kgs!
yup , not an easy task if you wish to carry daily to office / college ... o.0

Heh, and everyone else with a laptop in that place was either drooling over it or wondering how they could steal it. :p

easy - walk in with a bag containing a gas mask and a few cans of of tear gas :smoker:

Also read the page as to it's specs and all other nice goodies. The remote and where it is stored is cool.

Wow. :eek:

The specs were there from when the notebook was announced. After the demise of the HD-DVD Quroum, they have switched to blu-ray.

For the specs on what is in the contest package, I suggest you reference the original first post in this thread. :p :smoker: (*whacks gonaads and runs away* Hee-Hee! :p)

Namely (quote edited to make the list of specs easier to read):
  • Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme Processor X9000 (2.80GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
  • 20.1" diagonal WUXGA High-Definition HP Ultra Brightview Widescreen (1920x1200)-"True HD" 1080p res
  • 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS
  • HP Imprint Finish (Dragon) + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam + Microphone
  • Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth(TM)
  • 500GB 5400RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (250GB x 2)
    [*]Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer
  • Integrated HP HDTV Hybrid TV Tuner and 4 Altec Lansing speakers +the
  • HP Triple Bass Reflex subwoofer
  • 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

I'm digging the Core2 Extreme Processor too along with the dual 250GB SATA drives

Last edited:

I just submitted my answers!! Whoooo. I'm pretty confident.

Do we get to see the correct answers when the contest closes? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back