Encyclopedia of XP tweaks

Check here

Just make sure you replace the ntoskrnl in safe mode if you don't want Windows to change it back

Hi Zip.
I'd seen this before, but could never find filelist.xml anywhere on my hard disk.
:confused:
(And, yes, I've got "show hidden files" on.)

-Sometimes I think I got myself a "parallel" version of XP. :(

Ramanuman...

There is one more thing you need to un-tick in the folder options to get it to display filelist.xml

It is...

"Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)"

*sigh* Bill Gates *sigh*

lol...I lost myself trying to find that file too Ramanuman...

Ok, here's a really good one ...

If you want to print a webpage without the images etc. and don't want any space to be wasted, try this out. It will not only remove the images, but will not load their placeholders either!

First open notepad and copy/paste this in exactly as it is:

IMG { display: none !important;} /* Don't display images */

/* "!important;" overrides web page css file */

Save this file as "NoImages.css" ... make sure you select Save As and type the filename in inverted commas so that it doesn't save the file with a .txt extension. Also, save the file in some place where it won't be deleted! :D

Then, open a webpage with lots of pictures as well as text, just to test it out.
Go to Tools>Internet Options, and in the General tab, click the Accesibility button.
Check the box "Format documents using my style sheet" and select the .css file that you just created.
Click OK ... the changes take place immediately ... you don't need to restart the browser! Uncheck the box, and the web page looks normal again!

thanx xp...pretty good;

here's another very usefull shortcut...a while ago I gave the experts the shortcut for the computor manager,
(target %SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s ) now, that has perfmon in it, but it's good to have a seperate shortcut to perfmon too...target;

C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfmon.exe

Cafe

I'll take a chunk of that cafe. If anyone out there has a reply for me it will have to a private message, as each time it is done, I can't find them. Infact I just got one from you and cant find it or anything on what it was for. The following is what I get. I go there and nothing there for me or anything on the reply.----- This thread is located at:
http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7847&goto=newpost.

I'm about ready to toss this whole mess out, unless it is a private message. I'm getting too old and crotchaty for it.

hi robby...I'm not quite following your post...:confused:

gonna try to help...pm to me, or post again, K?

Nothin new to add, just sayin thanks to everyone that posted all the tweaks, this is one great XP tweak resource all in one thread. Helped me out a lot :D

disrupteh...pcjabber...and all those who've said thanx

You are quite welcome... I'll also say thanx from everybody that has contributed to this thread, and I'll say thanx to everyone who has said thanx

it's hearing from people we have helped that has made this thread something we all have looked forward to each and every day..

I'm makeing an invitation now to everyone and anyone who has made any contribution whatsoever to this thread, and that'll mean those people who have helped, and also those people that have been helped... drop in now,... say a thing or two to all those that will surely come, and those that will surely be referancing this thread for some time to come...

perris

This has to be the best thread on XP-erience!! There are so many tweaks and helpful hints, thanx to everyone who contributed :)

Maybe the zip file with all the tweaks can be updated, add the new tweaks that have been posted since it was originally made?

Maybe the zip file with all the tweaks can be updated, add the new tweaks that have been posted since it was originally made?
It's coming, it's coming! (It's my baby, after all.) :)

Originally posted by Jewelzz
This has to be the best thread on XP-erience!! There are so many tweaks and helpful hints, thanx to everyone who contributed :)

this has to be the best concentration of meaningfull, and safe tweaks on the entire internet...whichb then would mean the entire world...

anyway, I did come up with another one, these will be alot fewer nower, and farther in between, but here it is;

if you use administritive tools alot, you might as well put them on the start menu

Right Click on Start, hit Properties, hit Customize, Advanced...then in the box, the bottom...see "System Administrative Tools" ?either of these chices;

Display on the All Programs Menu

Display on the All Programs Menu and the Start Menu

I thought it was your baby Ramanuman but I couldn't remember lol

Originally posted by Jewelzz
I thought it was your baby Ramanuman but I couldn't remember lol

I told Ramanuman in private, but I think everyone should know...this thread started becoming a much more impotant body of work, with a much bigger medly of contributors, once and also because Ramanuman started putting the first zip together...thanx again to you, Ramanuman.

Thanks Dealer. I appreciate. :p

(But I maintain that it is Dealer's energy that does keep this thread flourishing. For one thing, he's really good at making people feel welcomed here). ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back