Encyclopedia of XP tweaks

Hey Ramanuman

A while ago i made (for personal use) a more "printer friendly" version of Black Viper's XP-services page. It's not in Word, but in HTML. Maybe you would like to use this one instead of......
Don't think BV minds :)

Just to be ahead of things.
"I haven't written one word of this document, so all credits go to BV. I only did the HTML part."

I did read on BV's page that no one should copy, only link to his page... I think you should hear with him...

Btw, you can make a .mht file of his page (Save As -> *.mht, all files in one) that way it stays his page, only that it can be "transported around". Yay!

Epro,
I wasn't meaning you when I said "That guy", I meant that Thomas guy. So I think you can stop saying sorry now, lol

Well, I thought Ramanuman was kinda sout on me in the last post, that's why...

...aahh, f*ck. What a kid I am. Let's stop this sh*t now...

-------------------------------------------------
Well, I guess I can't say it too many times: SORRY!

Well, you're WRONG, Eprosio : you said it one time too many, and be sure you'll pay for that !
;)

And you call my post a commotion ? -Check out TS Thomas' thread : now THAT's a commotion.
(TS : Tight Sphinct.. ?)

Well, I thought Ramanuman was kinda sout on me in the last post, that's why...

I wasn't. Honnest.
It just goes to show how difficult it is to communicate emotions through smileys. :)

-Seriously. Thanks Static 99, but I think re-writng the document is a better idea : for one thing it'll be ours then. And also, sweet revenge. :D
(I wrote a friendly e-mail asking TS if we couldn't use it, while making sure full credit was given, in the manner he saw proper. But to no avail...)

And I wouldn't risk another fuss like that one.
Especially if it could end up giving bad publicity to this site.

Also waddy (who's been very supportive, by the way) said that bloke probably copied everything from MS' site and BV's in the first place.

-I'm wondering : what if we simply copied MS' pages ? After all we're all owners of their software.
We'd only need adding the recommendations (manual, automatic...)

------------------------------------------------

EDIT : Forget about that last suggestion. This is part of the "Terms of Use" from MS' site :

"PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION.
Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services."

anyway, to me, the most important wervice to dissable if you're not sharing files, is the workstation, and that info is not in that document, so to me it wasn't complete anyway...it's over, let's not give it anymore play...

anyway, ram, no one else is having trouble with sendto tweak, I'm thinking maybe you added a space between send, and to...there is no space...let me know if that's the prob

Tried :
Sendto
sendto
SenTo
Send to
Send To
send to...

Just won't work :confused:

My Favorite Tweak

My favorite tweak is to bump the CPU via the FSD and watch everything run faster. No Reg hacks needed for this.:D

I was to enable the prefetcher tweak when I discovered that "Enable Prefetcher" was set to 5... what does that mean?

5 is a "non-setting" - it's the equivalent of a "zero" setting (disbling the prefetch function). A setting of 3 is correct for most people (caching both programs and boot).

Yes, that's what I set it to but I wondered about 5... why five instead of 0?

For a while there was a rumor going around the web that "5" would yield better results than "3". Perhaps you saw that a few months back, made the change and just forgot? Stuff like that happens to me all the time.

Actually no, but maybe some tweak-program did! I used to use them a while back...

gonna add something I love, but beginners should wait to do...

The Recycle Bin fujitsoos me everytime it asks me, "Are you sure you want to delete this file?" of course I'm sure, I'm dealer...So I turn the dialougue off like so;
right click on the bin, hit properties, then just clear the check mark that says "Display delete confirmation dialog box".

Dealer you are the man, but you must admit that even you must make a mistake (fujism) once in a while...

That second chance on the Delete Confirmation is "the point of no return" cause if you hit Delete by accident your screwed. Especialy all you out there with your menu delay at zip, menu speed at full on and your Mouse at Ludacris Speed, one wrong move... Oh boy! :D

Originally posted by gonaads
That second chance on the Delete Confirmation is "the point of no return" cause if you hit Delete by accident your screwed. ... Oh boy! :D

not quite true, oh sachel of seed, the items'll still be in the recyclebin, to be resurected at will

Especialy all you out there with your menu delay at zip, menu speed at full on and your Mouse at Ludacris Speed, one wrong move... Oh boy!
Sure,
The other day my finger slipped and I deleted my whole C drive before I could realize :p

not quite true, oh sachel of seed, the items'll still be in the recyclebin, to be resurected at will
I hate digging in the trash ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back