Encyclopedia of XP tweaks

I don't know if it is a patch or a tweak

hey dealer, I heard from a guy at office depot that there is a patch, or a tweak on how to make it to where you don't need to register @ all.

hey pyro, welcome to the board...could you splain again, sometimes I'm dense

gotta put this tweak on this thread...newly discovered ! !

for the fullest screen possible, hit f11 to hide the tool bars...now, there's still a small task bar...put your mouse in any empty spot, right click, and in the menu, check "auto hide task bar"...sit back and enjoy

Dealer, your taskbar still shows when you hit F11 for full screen in IE? Mine doesn't and I don't think it ever has.

Too bad F11 doesn't work with ALL apps that would be great!

not the taskbar with the start button, the toolbar with all the IE buttons i think

Ah-so! Brilliant! It's superb! Right-click on Toolbar>>Autohide...this is great, I never knew that one! Praise heaped, etc., etc....

nobody knew that one...I invented it...um, I mean billy did, but he forgot to tell anybody about it.

Actually Bill told me about that one and I passed it onto you subliminally through a dancing girl gif.

I suppose you want a tweak to go along with my fib above, ok:-

This will only work if your not using any pretty window effects:

Do you have tiny "Minimize" "Maximize/Restore" "Close" buttons for space saving reasons?

Do you have big "Minimize" "Maximize/Restore" "Close" buttons for ease of clicking?

Why not have the best of both worlds by opening your registry to here:-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

and in the right side double-click:-
CaptionWidth

if your display is at 1600 x 1200
change the number to:-

if your display is at 1280 x 1024

if your display is at 1024 x 768

if your display is at 800 x 600

Once you've changed the width, you should change the height. This is purely a matter of preference, I am using a display res of 1600 x 1200 and I have changed my:-
CaptionHeight
to:-
-270 (minus 270)
So that my buttons are long and slim

You will need to Log Off or re-boot to see the effects

veddy veddy goooood...thnx for that one, ya, the small is too small to aim my mouse, the big is too friggin big

back 2 dealer

ok, what happend is that when I went to Office Depot here where I live, I got into this conversation going from a 3d-accellerator card, to more RAM, then to Half-life, then to win XP.

I had told him that we had recently gotten XP and we have 2 computers in the house that can be upgraded to it, thisone(in the office), and the one I dressd up in my room.

I had told him that it was limited to be registered to one computer, and he already knew this.

so what he told me that he has seen a patch that disables the registration, and ou don't even need to register for a lifetime, and it will still work.
what you do is get it via internet, and copy it to a cd, along w/ all the data from the windows XP installation cd, and it comes pre installed for life.

-pyro

pyro...you're new to the board, so you wouldn't know this, but this forum doesn't give any play to cracks...only hacks....you'll still have alot of fun cruising this forum...enjoy the info, and help out when you can too

sorry have not read everything posted I went from page 1 to here, I just posted a reply to Dealer :)

anyhoo... for everyone who uses chat programs such as IRC, ICQ, AIM, MSN and Yahoo... you can combine all of this into one program..

ok you say not really a tweak or anything... well.. it saves me a lot of system resources and gives me the functionality of the other programs without messing up my system... I can't run yahoo, aim and msn together for long without something funky happening...

www.trillian.com or go to www.cnet.com and search for trillian... it is a small program and uses less memory than starting the other programs all up at the same time...

aslo is skinable...

like I said, not a tweak, BUT it will save resources for all you chatters out there...

I read good things about this proggy, and then I totally forgot about it, since I don't do chat...but my friends do, and they all have all those programs...this is a tweak, if it does all you say, for all of the reasons that you say...hope everyone that uses more then one chat program try this

oh

ok, sorry, but do you know of any forums that might give play to cracks?

Or maybe even sites?

thanx NE ways

-Pyro

I think one of the mods or waddy should sticky this one...it's got tons of cool tweaks...

ok, I put the taskmanager on ny desktop as a shortcut, and I like it there...it really only saves one right click on the taskbar, but I really rather use the shortcut....anyway, try it, if you don't like it, delete it...the target i;

C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe

don't forget, minimizing this'll give you a cpu graph in the tray

lets Cut the Recycle Bin Down a little bit...
Windows sets aside 10 percent of space on each disk partition in your system, for your storage of deleted files. Most cases, this means at least 2gb of storage for dead files!. (but you do your own math)

Most people have no need for all that, so lets adjust the appetite to something more practical...

right-click on the Recycle Bin , hit Properties... Use the slider controls on the Global tab to decrease the percentage of space allotted to the Recycle Bin for all drives on your system. For most large drives, a size of 3% is sufficient, so don't waste the space.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back