• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Drive jiggery pokery

Ok, I dnt know if i can do this but here goes!

I still currently have my 200 gig sata drive as storage and temp partition, and my 160 gig ide drive as system and more storage. I want to swap these around so that the temp partition on the sata drive is the boot partition. However both the partitions are logical drives on the sata - for some reason i didnt make a primary partition on this drive when i parttioned it... Is it possible to convert this partition to primary - or will i need to repartition the whole drive?

Andy

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Can be done - I did just this - let me find a thread where I did it because be prepared it is going to take you SOME time - plus you will need something like DriveImage or somesuch backup to help you down the path unless you do not mind a reformat....

Linkie will come on next post if I can find thread at my mobo forum..... Otherwise I may not be able to remember details :eek:

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal