Drive jiggery pokery

Abbadon2001

OSNN Addict
Ok, I dnt know if i can do this but here goes!

I still currently have my 200 gig sata drive as storage and temp partition, and my 160 gig ide drive as system and more storage. I want to swap these around so that the temp partition on the sata drive is the boot partition. However both the partitions are logical drives on the sata - for some reason i didnt make a primary partition on this drive when i parttioned it... Is it possible to convert this partition to primary - or will i need to repartition the whole drive?

Andy

Can be done - I did just this - let me find a thread where I did it because be prepared it is going to take you SOME time - plus you will need something like DriveImage or somesuch backup to help you down the path unless you do not mind a reformat....

Linkie will come on next post if I can find thread at my mobo forum..... Otherwise I may not be able to remember details :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back