Chiefsters yankee thread

Re: yankees enter oblivion

I just wanted to let you know Waaaaaang had a cool name. He's not worth $100 mil, nobody is.

The AP is reporting that the plane that crashed into a 50 story high-rise in NYC was owned by Cory Lidle and that he was piloting the plane and is one of the four confirmed dead.

Yeah I heard/read about that, very sad news :(

Yeah I overheard some people talk about it on the bus. It is indeed sad news.

How did he manage to crash into a building?

Don't think too many details are out about it yet.

Too much thread re-naming going on here :D

In my opinion he shouldn't have been allowed to fly near the city in the first place. He just got his license and didn't have much experience. It's still a sad day for baseball.

He did have between 70-100 hours of solo flying, the person with him, while an instructor, was said to be just along for the ride as a passenger or a friend. They also said he communicated with ATC (Air Traffic Control) that he was having fuel problems.

More should come of it, sad part is that the initial reaction by a lot of the media was terrorism :(

Still, 70 hours is NOT a lot of time. Furthermore, NOBODY should be flying within cities, only emergency help, etc.

People like Lidle who do it for the sport of it should be restricted to flying in the country.

Another year, another Yankee/Sox flame-out.

Go Tampa Bay !!!

So is Cory Lidle going to make a come back this year?

He was shovelling snow yesterday, how much colder can it get?

:smoker:

And I was out there today at my house shoveling/snow blowing. At least it's warmer today, 9F.

Heh, he said blowing :)

Yah, it was about 50F when I left for work this morning.

Trying to setup work visits to NYC and Vegas, will see how that goes :D

Yesterday was damn cold, near -21 Below with the Wind Chill factor :eek:

So I heard Cory Lidle was in an airshow?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back