Canonical Ltd. is giving away free CDs of their Debian based desktop Linux

X-Istence said:
His blog said t00t, which is his x86 machine. As he will specify in a reply after yours it was indeed his x86.
Oh yeah, nevermind. :)

Very nice! Using it now. Definately going to do an install tomorrow (instead of using the live cd).

i have it dual boot on this machine, but i have removed the gdm and went into a custom fluxbox mode :p I also have it running on what was a dead lappie and it even works with my 3com prism54 chipset pcmcia wifi card... which i watched in amazment :eek:

definetly the mainstream distro of choice :D

nice bump - ordered 3 for me and friends plus an AMD64 distro variation for my new rig maybe to play with - should be fun fun fun! :cool:

Got mine today.....i dont know when i will format my server but when i do this is going on there

SPeedY_B said:
What did you post that from? :p
Well I suppose I could run a dual OS setup on here but as I am not that familiar with Linux I would rather put on a seperate box.

B*******R! they will not reach me now I have no address - /me hopes for forwarding.... oh yeah, and the box to run them on!

I got mine about a week ago. Having problems with the ESR value crap...oh well, I'm getting my 18.1 Gb 15000 rpm HD tomorrow...Think I'll put a dual boot on that. Hopefully that solves my prob. By the way, I've already passed out about 60 of the 100 x86's and all my 20 mac versions are gone...Linux to the world. Now if I could only get it to work...lol

I tried the "live cd" version the other day. Knoppix seems to pack in a whole lot more. Did look nice though but nothing to get all excited about ... or order a gazzilion cds of. :devious:

The ease of use and pretty looks will appeal to more people than anything else though. For the geekier of us, Knoppix (STD) may be more fun, but for simplicity, Ubuntu's really nice.

As soon as I finished making the auto-restore cd's for my new (or old as SPeedY_B kindly pointed out :rolleyes: ) laptop I will install Ubuntu on it, just for fun :D

Yay! Got it installed on my laptop :D I've played with it for like 5 mins and all I could see is that it doesn't properly displays about power information. It stays at battery 0%, while connected to the power. Oh well, maybe I have to install some other proggy, I'll check tomorrow.

YAY!, I JUST GOT MINE! i came back from bahrain right now and my mom was like theres a package for u, i thought maybe it would be THE DAMN USB STICK my sister sent me DURING OCTOBER!!!! but it wasnt that it was the ubuntu cds! i wonder when the hell im ganna get the usb stick!

I ordered 100 of these today, because I am greedy :) I can always order more if I want ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back