C++

S

silenslupus

Anyone else learning or already know C++, Just started, and it seems fun.

Swi

gningnegneur
most of my university labs were in c++ and i worked with it during 12 months in 3 companies :) it's a powerfull language!

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political Access
what is c++? i've heard a lot of ppl talkin bout it but don't no wot it is:p

Swi

gningnegneur
it's an object oriented programming language, very versatile and powerfull. check this site for more infos and links to usefull articles

U

ultraviolet7

i use c++. is it the first programming language you've learned?

G

Gouk

I've used Visual Basic 6.0 (crap!) and Visual C++ 6.0 in my programming projects for College.

C++ is waaaaaaaaay better.

Like catch, I am learning C# in my spare time. Just got my Visual Studio .NET.

Swi

gningnegneur
C++ is not from microsoft... it was developped in the 80's by Stroustroup (i think that the one). Microsoft only created compiler (VC++) and libraries like MFC.

Swi

gningnegneur
Originally posted by ultraviolet7
i use c++. is it the first programming language you've learned?

Sorry for late answer, i just saw your question :) I learned first C which is the precursor of C++. It was in an optional course at college. This is probably one of the reason that made me choose my university program !

Now i've finished, the problem is that there's very few jobs available here mainly caused by the telecom crash that put a lot of experienced programmers on the market and pushed away newly graduated like me and my friends with only a few months of experience...

S

Santamanne

Yea I'm trying to learn some c++. If any of you know a good online c++ manual please let me know.

S

Santamanne

Thanks. And if someone could point me a good c++ program, for now i've been using borlands c++ v5.02, but i dont like it... In high school we used turbo c++ or smthng like that, but i cant find it anywhre, yhyy :(

B

blake

Visual studio?! visual c++ supports both C and C++ but not with C# i think.
That's what my college is using... pretty good ;oÞ

Swi

gningnegneur
Visual C++ is one of the best, and i'm not really a microsoft fan... ;)

If you want more possibilities, try Visual Assist (in addition with VC++), it adds typing options (auto-completion, coloring, etc) very usefull! You can download it here

Of course, these are not free softwares :rolleyes: *whistling*

Swi

gningnegneur
Originally posted by blake
Visual studio?! visual c++ supports both C and C++ but not with C# i think.
That's what my college is using... pretty good ;oÞ

The new Visual studio .NET from microsoft handles C#. Didn't try it yet

S

Santamanne

Heh, yeah, but now i gotta go so you have to talk all by yourself :) I'll prolly ask help when i get back home and get my hands on that visua c++. bbl

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR